Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
mario40
Enthusiast
mario40 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: no e-reader
e-reader for e-paper newspaper/magazins

e-reader for e-paper - key question
The key question for reading newspaper and magazins on a e-reader is still not answered:

Can I download individual selected e-paper newspapers and magazins in the PDF format with a terminal like the iLiad 2nd Edition with WLAN/Wi-Fi from the internet directly (no PC/Mac in between) like doing actually with a PC/Mac with WLAN ?
Is there a tool already in the iLiad 2nd Edition to do this or is there a need to install an internet browser? If yes, can be installed any browser or are restrictions?
I know this process is easy with e-books and I understand this is the standard use of e-readers so far.

The steps with a PC/Mac downloading e-paper versions of newspapers are:
Making a subscription of the specific newspaper/magazin at the publishers.
Making the login at the specific site of the publisher, entering username and password.
Selecting the date (and eventually the amount of content) of the newspaper to download.
Starting the downloading as Adobe PDF to the PC/Mac. Reading the newspaper on the LCD monitor of the PC/Mac with the Adobe PDF Reader.

So far I was not able to get an precise answer regarding this question. I contacted iRex and I never got an answer. I contacted sales organsitations, selling e-readers - no answer.

I am not looking in RSS feeds. There are many programs for downloading RSS feeds to terminals like Smartphones (what I am doing with a iPhone) or to e-readers.

My last hope is to get an answer in this forum.
mario40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:58 AM   #2
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
hi, iliad doesn't come with any tool for the download of newspaper directly.
But you can install a browser. You can only install a iliad prepared browser (By now exist two browsers dillo and Minimo).

Minimo:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15448

Dillo:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8870
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert