Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Book availability for International Customers

Hello everybody, I am having a lot of frustration with trying to purchase books for my kindle through the Amazon.com website from my PC, please see below my email to Amazon:

Quote:
Hello, First up let me state that I know this is not Amazon's problem, but nonetheless this is a problem that I currently face and begs the question as to why I purchased a kindle in the first place. Please find below a summary of my experience on Amazon.com with the top ten books:

This title is not available for customers from your location in:
Africa
1. The Confession: A Novel [Kindle Edition] - Not available
2. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption [Kindle Edition] - Not available
3. Decision Points [Kindle Edition] - Not available
4. Cross Fire [Kindle Edition] - Not available
5. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest [Kindle Edition] - Not available
6. Port Mortuary [Kindle Edition] - Not available
7. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo [Kindle Edition] - Not available
8. Mahjong Solitaire (A Matching Game for Kindle) - Not available
9. The Girl Who Played with Fire [Kindle Edition] - Not available
10. Hell's Corner [Kindle Edition] - Not available

This is patently ridiculous, instead of your usual response, please be so kind as to forward me email addresses for these publishers in order that I can ask them directly about their crazy policies. This situation needs to be addressed.
Regards
Paul
If I browse via kindle the picture is somewhat different admittedly but why on earth should there be a 100% failure rate for the top ten when trying to buy through the PC?
Cheers
Paul

Last edited by Paulinafrica; 12-02-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Let me make sure I understand the problem. You are able to buy the books using your Kindle but not on your PC?

Is the address listed in your Kindle Account one in the US?

If so, and this is a massive guess here, then it could be that your Kindle is treated as having access to the US market. It is possible that Amazon is detecting a non-US based IP address on your PC and that is why you are blocked using your PC.

Pure guess.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
erictoma
Banned
erictoma doesn't littererictoma doesn't litter

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinafrica View Post
Hello everybody, I am having a lot of frustration with trying to purchase books for my kindle through the Amazon.com website from my PC, please see below my email to Amazon:

If I browse via kindle the picture is somewhat different admittedly but why on earth should there be a 100% failure rate for the top ten when trying to buy through the PC?
Cheers
Paul
Some people here used to change their address in amazon site claiming they are living in USA.
If not, you can buy eBooks from others stores and remove the RDM protection from them in order to use them in your Kindle.

I highly don't recommend buying Kindle you are not living inside USA.
Kindle gadgets are Trojan horses no more than that.
erictoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Let me make sure I understand the problem. You are able to buy the books using your Kindle but not on your PC?

Is the address listed in your Kindle Account one in the US?

If so, and this is a massive guess here, then it could be that your Kindle is treated as having access to the US market. It is possible that Amazon is detecting a non-US based IP address on your PC and that is why you are blocked using your PC.

Pure guess.
Hello Prof - Glad to see you like tea by the way I am able to buy some of the books via the kindle but none through my PC, I have not as yet done any kind of exhaustive research between the two as yet, although the top ten via PC and top ten via kindle are different, I don't think that it is an IP issue as both my PC and kindle access the internet through the same router, it's all very odd
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote