Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Reading while charging?

Finally my charge indicator got down to nothing for the first time, so hooked it up and it's charging now.

I noticed when turning it on right after plugging in the charger, that the battery icon now shows full charge. Don't know how long it takes after the first charge, but the question is:

Is it OK to keep reading while charging?

Assume it must be, just takes longer, but nothing I can find that verifies this.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'd say that if it lets you do it, it must be okay.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I do have to say that once mine is fully charged but still hooked up to the charger, it starts acting weird if I turn it on and start reading on it. Twice now, I had it hooked up while I was viewing pictures on it or testing different texts on it, but when the charge got full and I hadn't taken it off, I had to soft reset because the screen would go blank.

Could just be a coincidence but I wasn't really doing or checking weird on it and those are the only times I had to push the reset button on the back. After unplugging from charger it worked fine...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote