Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
haihaowu
haihaowu began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500
iLiad hangs at the boot stage

I recharged the iLiad overnight and the next morning, it will not boot. Instead of blinking, the status light remains solid (see the pic below) and the screen remains blank. I tried the procedure listed here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17343 but it didn't help. This problem happened two weeks ago and fixed itself mysteriously after 3-4 days. Any help will be highly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	35866  
haihaowu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:47 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Yes, this is quite mysterious. Bad battery?
Did you get the reflashing process starting?
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
haihaowu
haihaowu began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Yes, this is quite mysterious. Bad battery?
Did you get the reflashing process starting?
The battery seems to be good 'cus the green light will be on for a whole day before it ran out of battery and turned itself off. I am not sure whether the reflashing process started or not since there's nothing on the screen. But last time when this happened, I tried the reflashing and it didn't work the first time but after a day, the thing came back. This time, I tried reflashing using the same CF card but it doesn't work. Maybe I need to re-copy the unzip file to the CF card again?

Thanks
haihaowu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Reflashing from CF is the final solution that users can do to rescue their iLiad back to life (only for software failure). If you have done a reflashing but your iLiad still not come back to life, then there seems nothing you can do anymore, except wait, pray or send it back to iRex.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
One peculiar problem that I have may or may not help you.
The on/off switch of my iLiad is malfunctioning. It will not turn on/off at first switch. I have to make fast switch for several times or switch it very slowly (incrementally move the switch by millimeter). If the odd is good, LED will go light. If not, I have to try more. Anyway, I can turn on/off my iLiad in the end.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
My switch started doing the same thing a long time ago. The trick is not to move it all the way. I slide mine about 80% across and hold it for a second until the light comes on. Once I got used to doing it that way it hasn't been a problem. It seems like moving the slider all the way goes past whatever "zone" triggers the power.

At least it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. When it first started doing that I was worried that it was wearing about, but it's been like this for about a year now and still works fine with the "trick" above.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote