Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-03-2008, 02:11 AM   #1
waddragon
waddragon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader first edition
sony reader, cybook, or iliad reader , help plz

I am a college student so all of my ebooks will be in the pdf format. I know right now on the market only the Iliad can read the pdf format easily but it is a bit expensive. Therefore, I am thinking to buy either the sony or cybook and after that will convert the pdf format into another format which cybook and sony can read easily.
1.will this method work for all the pdf file?
2.Is this really a good choice or I just buy the Iliad?
3.can you recommend me any format which i should convert the pdf format into? and the software for it?

Thanks a lot
waddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddragon View Post
I am a college student so all of my ebooks will be in the pdf format. I know right now on the market only the Iliad can read the pdf format easily but it is a bit expensive. Therefore, I am thinking to buy either the sony or cybook and after that will convert the pdf format into another format which cybook and sony can read easily.
1.will this method work for all the pdf file?
2.Is this really a good choice or I just buy the Iliad?
3.can you recommend me any format which i should convert the pdf format into? and the software for it?

Thanks a lot
1. No, there are many PDF's that won't convert. Some are locked, some are really images, some are really poorly formed.

2. The iLiad is the best choice but conversion works for many PDF's and there are lots of people that are happy with the conversion. You might want to try some conversions use the free PC versions of the products you intend to buy. Sony has a PC reader and Cybook uses the Mobipocket reader which is also free. Note that iLiad will also use Mobipocket files.

3. Depends on the product you use. Sony has a great conversion suite of tools and Cybook is newer but beginning to get conversion tools as well.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert