Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
How do I get Purchased BBeB books not yet available as Epub to PRS-900

I have 2 books that I purchased last year that Sony has not yet converted to EPub. They are in my library, but the Library won't transfer them to my PRS-900. I have plenty of books that I had previously converted to BBeB format that transferred fine, why won't these? Any suggestions on how to transfer them over? One of the books is Prey by Michael Crichton, any help would be greatly appreciated
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Hate to break it to ya, but the 900 does not support BBeB (lrf or lrx) at all. I guess Sony developed the 900 around the same time they were making plans to phase out BBeB and switch to ePub and reasoned there was no need to include BBeB.

As some others have reported, it's likely a matter of time before everything is converted to ePub.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

I got it on non DRMed BBeB books and it works fine, just not the DRM'ed books
Old 01-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Odds are you already checked this, but are you sure your new 900 is authorized for Adobe DRM?
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

Your talking about double checking in the Bookstore, right?
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
The 900 will read DRM-free BBeB, but won't read DRM'd BBeB, this was listed on the tech specs page for the 900 on the site. It was also discussed here in a couple of threads.

Since the books can't be liberated right now (and since BBeB isn't available DRM'd from sellers anymore, I doubt anyone will try to start now), you are stuck waiting for the ePub versions to become available.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote