Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #16
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I like it. JSW will probably be around in a few minutes to complain about your novella only being in PDF format but this one should be pretty easy to convert to other formats.
You might have saved us from that! You're a true patriot!

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #17
Reyben
Connoisseur
Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Erm... None.
Quote:
Moejoe, that's spectacular. The only thing I'd change would be the tagline, because the story isn't so much about Ben Franklin as the Concept of Benjamin Franklin (this makes sense, I promise).

But don't change anything yet. Possibly after you've read it, whenever you have time, you might want to alter it- but I think that one's pretty good the way it is. Send me the .psd if you can. I might just come straight to you with cover requests in the future- I've seen you're cover of Dead(ish) as well and you're clearly pretty good at them.

Also, who is this "JSW" you all seem to fear?
Reyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #18
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post
Moejoe, that's spectacular. The only thing I'd change would be the tagline, because the story isn't so much about Ben Franklin as the Concept of Benjamin Franklin (this makes sense, I promise).

But don't change anything yet. Possibly after you've read it, whenever you have time, you might want to alter it- but I think that one's pretty good the way it is. Send me the .psd if you can. I might just come straight to you with cover requests in the future- I've seen you're cover of Dead(ish) as well and you're clearly pretty good at them.

Also, who is this "JSW" you all seem to fear?

JSWolf isn't to be feared, actually I totally agree with JSWolf on the use of PDF for ebooks - DON'T!!! ePub is a standard for ebooks, but if you must have PDF (for whatever unfathomable reason) it might be worthwhile uploading your book to Feedbooks, which provides ALL popular formats and is trivially easy to use - copy and paste that's all

Here's my fiction there: http://feedbooks.com/userbooks/recen...yon&user=26065

AS to the 'tagline' what is the official title of the book? I was under the impression it was Living History: Ben Franklin & Dinosaurs by Ben Essex? Of course I haven't had chance to read it yet, so you're probably right

EDIT: please do come to me for covers, I love doing them That goes for anybody else whose publishing free works and is reading this. If you want a cover, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-09-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #19
Reyben
Connoisseur
Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, the title is just 'Living History,' - I put the other bit in the tagline to, well, allure. Er...

I'm now left trying to decide between Feedbooks and Smashwords. Decisions, decisions...

Also, that's a decent number of stories you've got there. I'll have to read some of them.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #20
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Oh, the title is just 'Living History,' - I put the other bit in the tagline to, well, allure. Er...

I'm now left trying to decide between Feedbooks and Smashwords. Decisions, decisions...

Also, that's a decent number of stories you've got there. I'll have to read some of them.
Do both Smashwords and Feebooks and Manybooks too I'll be uploading my stuff to Smashwords and Manybooks eventually, when I get the time. So the official title is just Living History, without the Ben Franklin & Dinosaurs bit? I'll make the change now.
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #21
Moejoe
Banned

Okay here's the adjusted version
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BENFRANK&DINOSAURS3.png
Views:	304
Size:	601.6 KB
ID:	33899  
Old 08-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #22
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Or just post a lot?

(whoops, did I say that?)
Join in (sorry - see you already have) - so, carry on joining in the silliness in the llounge. Your post count will be sky high before you realise.

The added advantage to that is that it is also a good way to get hooked on MR. OK, depending on your real-world commitments, that may be an added disadvantage, but many of us don't let that put us off...

As for formats, as it will be DRM free, you could always use something Calibre (free, works on Mac OSX, Linux & Windows) to convert it to ePub.

And finally - thanks for sharing it - have downloaded it and am looking forward to reading it.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #23
Moejoe
Banned

Added blurb to the top of the design:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BENFRANK&DINOSAURS31.png
Views:	297
Size:	559.2 KB
ID:	33901  

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-09-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #24
Reyben
Connoisseur

Quote:
OK, depending on your real-world commitments,
Well, the whole World Domination thing's going pretty slowly this month, but it doesn't leave much room for other planetary commitments.

Moejoe, you're brilliant.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #25
Reyben
Connoisseur

I was going through the text for a couple of hitherto-hidden typos that somebody pointed out to me the other day, and I decided to switch covers. So congratulations Moejoe, yours (version 2) is now the official cover. Inasmuch as there is such a thing.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #26
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
I was going through the text for a couple of hitherto-hidden typos that somebody pointed out to me the other day, and I decided to switch covers. So congratulations Moejoe, yours (version 2) is now the official cover. Inasmuch as there is such a thing.

Groovy
Old 08-14-2009, 12:36 AM   #27
Reyben
Connoisseur

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/3344

Ladies and gentlemen, I am on Smashwords! Quick, find me another trend to follow!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #28
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:

Ladies and gentlemen, I am on Smashwords! Quick, find me another trend to follow!
Congrats, and that cover looks mighty fetching too, I wonder what talented, but more importantly, handsome, chap designed that?
Old 08-14-2009, 06:41 AM   #29
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:

Woohoo! Looks good It's on my list.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:46 AM   #30
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Congrats, and that cover looks mighty fetching too, I wonder what talented, but more importantly, handsome, chap designed that?
Probably the most handsome, talented guy I know....

There, how was your fishing trip?
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote