Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Who do you want to meet? (I'm sure I've forgotten someone important!) TAKE TWO !
Montsnmags (Marc) 19 39.58%
Daffy4u 12 25.00%
DixieGal 16 33.33%
Ricky Maveety 17 35.42%
lilacjive 12 25.00%
Ravenne 15 31.25%
PilotBob 15 31.25%
pshrynk 16 33.33%
Shortncuddlyam 15 31.25%
RWood 18 37.50%
Kovid 18 37.50%
Alex Turcic 18 37.50%
Slayda 12 25.00%
Uncle Duke 14 29.17%
Yvanleterrible 12 25.00%
EVERYBODY !!! (on the poll or not !) 49 100.00%
Zelda (Madame Z) 26 54.17%
Nekokami 13 27.08%
mjh215 12 25.00%
Nate the Great 16 33.33%
JSWolf 11 22.92%
Igorsk 18 37.50%
Alisa 9 18.75%
Cassidym 11 22.92%
Patricia 19 39.58%
Elsi 11 22.92%
vivaldirules 18 37.50%
Madame Broshkina 15 31.25%
HarryT 15 31.25%
Krisk 9 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2009, 08:09 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I'm holding out til it is multiple choice... Way too many good choices! BTW who is Alex Turic?

Ack, we can't switch it to multiple-choice? Well, there are only a few votes so far, could we delete it and start over?

-MJ
that sounds good to me, who will make the new multi-choice poll ? i might be able to merge the two threads if i get there early enough...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #17
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
How could I pick just one? Or twenty? Ya gotta be kiddin', grandma! Can anyone say they would not want to meet the master of wit? Or the Queen of all things MR? Or the gracious Lady of the Book? Or the mastermind of MR? Or the web artisan? Or the mystic of equanimity? Or the smacker of nations? Or the stinky cheese lover? Or the nice lady with the big stick? Or the governess of discarded souls? Or the proud Texan? Or...............

Give me a break! Why don't you ask me something easy like what chocolate I don't like? Or which breath of fresh air I'd like to do without? Or which stars I'd be willing to give up gazing at?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
How could I pick just one? Or twenty? Ya gotta be kiddin', grandma! Can anyone say they would not want to meet the master of wit? Or the Queen of all things MR? Or the gracious Lady of the Book? Or the mastermind of MR? Or the web artisan? Or the mystic of equanimity? Or the smacker of nations? Or the stinky cheese lover? Or the nice lady with the big stick? Or the governess of discarded souls? Or the proud Texan? Or...............

Give me a break! Why don't you ask me something easy like what chocolate I don't like? Or which breath of fresh air I'd like to do without? Or which stars I'd be willing to give up gazing at?
hear hear !!! okay, that's it, i'm making a new poll, multiple choice this time, and i'll merge this thread with it. just keep your pants on until it's ready.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel

New Poll!!

okay, i'm redoing desertgrandma's "who do you want to meet" poll as a multiple-choice poll. then i'll merge this thread with the original thread, or something. wait for the poll !!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
okay, i'm redoing desertgrandma's "who do you want to meet" poll as a multiple-choice poll. then i'll merge this thread with the original thread, or something. wait for the poll !!
done ! everybody vote !!
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #21
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
DesertGrandma is not on the list and I want to meet her
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
DesertGrandma is not on the list and I want to meet her
yes, unfortunately polls are limited to 30 choices, and i wanted to copy dg's exactly as she made it ; otherwise i was going to add two new options : "everybody" and "somebody not on the list, i'll tell you in my post !"

but you can write in your answer anyway...
Old 04-14-2009, 08:31 AM   #23
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Stupid me. I clicked on every option - including myself. Duh! Can I exchange that one for a Desert Grandma? Or a Dale? Or a Steve Jordan? Or a Geoff? Or a Lazy Scott? Or a NatCh? Or a hundred others?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

i'd like to formally register my vote as

"all the llounge llamas (and a few people from outside the llounge too)".

thankyewferrehmush.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #25
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
I didn't check the ones I already met (doesn't mean I don't want to meet them again, Z. see you on saturday)...
Maybe we should think of an MR World Con in 2011 somewhere central like Iceland (mid between Europe & US, sorry Asia...)... Can you imagine?
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #26
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
In addition to quite a few others that aren't listed I'd like to add each of Marc's split personalities... He's a party unto himself...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #27
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
I didn't check the ones I already met (doesn't mean I don't want to meet them again, Z. see you on saturday)...
Maybe we should think of an MR World Con in 2011 somewhere central like Iceland (mid between Europe & US, sorry Asia...)... Can you imagine?
i was wondering what to do about that as well...
Old 04-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #28
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Vote for pshrynk! You should all be well versed in checking that box, since my retrochronic campaign of '08 to '04!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can we have an all of the above as I am too lazy to click them all?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #30
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can we have an all of the above as I am too lazy to click them all?
I'm voting for 'All of the Above" as well.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote