Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-26-2016, 03:09 AM   #16
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I simply prefer the user interface offered by Sigil (and calibre) - i.e. a list of mispelt words, with a usage count.
That is why I also used that type of interface in my alternative check spelling procedure in my Word add-in. At the moment I do use the Word spelling engine, but that might change later...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:10 AM   #17
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Kovid added a neat feature to calibre's spell checker to deal with misplaced hyphens. If a mispelt word has a hyphen - eg 'con-sidered' - then if removal of the hyphen yields a valid word - i.e. 'considered' - then that word will be offered as the first choice in the list of suggestions.
My plugin at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=264378 will remove hyphens from mispelt words such as 'con-sidered', although it will not offer a list of suggested replacement words. Instead, the plugin will check each hyphenated word to determine whether or not a version of that word exists in the dictionary without a hyphen and, if so, it removes the hyphen.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2016, 04:57 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I prefer Kovid's approach - puts the onus on me to make the correct choice.

Sometimes the hyphens are there for a reason, such as to indicate stuttering speech. Also some hyphenated compounds will mean something quite different if they're joined - can't think of one off hand, but I know them when I see them

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote