Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-01-2016, 01:41 AM   #16
Capricorn
Belgian Pommes Frites
Capricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Windows x64 oddity

Would someone verify this
Move the mouse (pointer) into the scroll bar.
What do you see? Arrow or (insert)bar?
I have arrows, on windows 10 64-bit.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn View Post
I have arrows, on windows 10 64-bit.
Thanks for checking, It appears Windows was just being weird right then (those background updates ) It is now working in the traditional way
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2016, 02:40 AM   #18
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Thanks for checking, It appears Windows was just being weird right then (those background updates ) It is now working in the traditional way
IIRC, this is a Qt issue. Sigil will display a mouse pointer cursor in Code View, but an I-beam cursor in Book View.

At least it still does this in my Sigil 0.9.3 Windows and Linux versions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I-BeamCursorBV_Windows.png
Views:	209
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	145988   Click image for larger version

Name:	I-BeamCursorBV_Linux.png
Views:	321
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	145989  
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:56 AM   #19
rubeus
Banned
rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
I can confirm this. I only checked CV.
rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:34 AM   #20
ovinio
ovinio began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR
Nice release, thanks!
Getting an error on changing package version 1.0 to 2.0. Shouldn't it be relevant just for 3.0 version?
Quote:
Changing package version inside Sigil is not supported
ovinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2016, 08:05 AM   #21
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Good point. I did not know any package version 1 existed anymore. I will restrict that change from 2 to 3 and not 1 to 2 in the next release.
Until then, use an earlier version of Sigil to make just that one change or unzip and edit the content opf directly. Sorry about that. Perhaps an epub 1 to 2 output plugin similar to ePub3-itizer should be built to go from epub 1 to epub 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovinio View Post
Nice release, thanks!
Getting an error on changing package version 1.0 to 2.0. Shouldn't it be relevant just for 3.0 version?
KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:30 AM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Good point. I did not know any package version 1 existed anymore. I will restrict that change from 2 to 3 and not 1 to 2 in the next release.
I've been trying track down an oebps v1/v1.01 ebook to:
Quote:
Perhaps an epub 1 to 2 output plugin similar to ePub3-itizer should be built to go from epub 1 to epub 2.
...to do just that. Though I may do it as an input plugin.
Haven't had any luck finding one yet, but it doesn't look like it should take much to get one to open in Sigil. I was thinking about a general OEBPS structure/archive, and/or OPF-based importer anyway.

I also think we're going to need something "down and dirty" to go from v3.0 to v2.0 as well. Obviously not for complex media-laden, or SMIL-type, MATHML sources (whose downgrading wouldn't make sense anyway), but for Epub3s that don't really utilize any special features.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-02-2016 at 08:42 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:29 PM   #23
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Sorry about that. Perhaps an epub 1 to 2 output plugin similar to ePub3-itizer should be built to go from epub 1 to epub.
AFAIK, epubs with a version="1.0" package attribute in the .opf file simply have the wrong attribute, because the predecessor of the ePub2 standard was the OEBPS 1.2 standard, which used a different .opf package syntax without a version attribute.

For example:

Code:
<package unique-identifier="book-id"
         xmlns="http://openebook.org/namespaces/oeb-package/1.0/">
I.e., there's no need develop an epub1 plugin, because epub1 books don't exist. However, since some ePub2 books have an incorrect version="1.0" .opf package attribute, it'd nice if Sigil "upgraded" them to version="2.0".
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #24
ovinio
ovinio began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
since some ePub2 books have an incorrect version="1.0" .opf package attribute, it'd nice if Sigil "upgraded" them to version="2.0".
I agree, every fifth book or so I download has version 1.0
ovinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:39 AM   #25
rubeus
Banned
rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
The cleanOPF plugin is writing a new vakid package. If wanted i can add the functionality of changing the mimetype.

But: its throwing out a lot of calibre stuff, too.
rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:25 AM   #26
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovinio View Post
I agree, every fifth book or so I download has version 1.0
Strange, I seem to recall that some validators barf on this. Most stores have a policy that it must go through the (sometimes ancient) validators without issues.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #27
feale
feale began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
New Epub 3 features

Hi,
This a great news.
Thanks a all staff

Please, I would like to know better how works these features
- Update manifest properties (Epub 3 tools)
- epub may access all remote resources types (preferences)

Is there some documentation about it?

Best regards
feale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:34 PM   #28
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For epub3, the spec says that anytime an epub:switch, mathml, svg, script, or nav tag is used or remote resource is used in an xhtml file, the content.opf must include specific manifest properties on the manifest entries in the content.opf.

The Generate Manifest Properties epub3 tool, will in fact parse every single xhtml file in your epub and properly create the necessary manifest properties and add them in the right place in the content.opf so that you do not have to worry about that. You can run this tool at any time as it only updates the content.opf. I strongly recommend running it before running epubcheck and before any final saving of the epub.

In epub3, remote resources may be referenced which are not included in the epub itself. The new General settings: "epub may access all remote resources" enables you to access remote resources not local to you epub. You can disable this to prevent "bad / untrusted" javascript inside any epub from accessing things across the internet without your permission.

The exception to this rule is multimedia resources. Since they are so large and use a different way to access their resources, we are always enabled.

Hope this helps,

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 02-07-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:50 PM   #29
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon 64-bit
cmake 3.2.2
python 3.4.3
qt5.5.1

Make ends with "*** [all ] Error 2".

Ideas?

cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/Qt5.5.1/5.5/gcc_64/lib/cmake -DPYTHON_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/python3.4 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/patrik/bin -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3.4 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release Sigil-0.9.3_src

Code:
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o: In function `EmbeddedPython::EmbeddedPython()':
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x7): undefined reference to `Py_Initialize'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xc): undefined reference to `PyEval_InitThreads'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x11): undefined reference to `PyEval_SaveThread'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o: In function `EmbeddedPython::~EmbeddedPython()':
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x186): undefined reference to `PyEval_RestoreThread'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o: In function `EmbeddedPython::addToPythonSysPath(QString const&)':
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x1bf): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Ensure'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x1ce): undefined reference to `PySys_GetObject'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x1f1): undefined reference to `PyUnicode_FromString'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x223): undefined reference to `PyList_Append'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x24f): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Release'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o: In function `EmbeddedPython::QVariantToPyObject(QVariant const&)':
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xa07): undefined reference to `Py_BuildValue'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xa39): undefined reference to `Py_BuildValue'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xa5b): undefined reference to `Py_BuildValue'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xa7e): undefined reference to `Py_BuildValue'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xaa1): undefined reference to `Py_BuildValue'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o:EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xac7): more undefined references to `Py_BuildValue' follow
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o: In function `EmbeddedPython::QVariantToPyObject(QVariant const&)':
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xaf2): undefined reference to `PyList_New'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xb6f): undefined reference to `PyList_SetItem'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xcad): undefined reference to `PyUnicode_FromKindAndData'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xd14): undefined reference to `PyList_New'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xdbe): undefined reference to `PyUnicode_FromKindAndData'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xdcc): undefined reference to `PyList_SetItem'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xebb): undefined reference to `Py_BuildValue'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0xf09): undefined reference to `Py_BuildValue'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o: In function `EmbeddedPython::PyObjectToQVariant(_object*, bool)':
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x13ea): undefined reference to `PyFloat_Type'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x13f8): undefined reference to `PyType_IsSubtype'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x145a): undefined reference to `PyUnicode_AsUTF8'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x1594): undefined reference to `PyFloat_AsDouble'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x1634): undefined reference to `PyLong_AsLongLong'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x182c): undefined reference to `PyBytes_AsString'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x1a14): undefined reference to `_PyUnicode_Ready'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x1a43): undefined reference to `PyTuple_Size'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x1a6f): undefined reference to `PyTuple_GetItem'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x1bcb): undefined reference to `PyList_Size'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x1bf7): undefined reference to `PyList_GetItem'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o: In function `EmbeddedPython::getPythonErrorTraceback(bool)':
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2210): undefined reference to `PyErr_Fetch'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2223): undefined reference to `PyErr_NormalizeException'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2234): undefined reference to `PyImport_ImportModule'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x226c): undefined reference to `PyObject_CallMethod'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x23c3): undefined reference to `PyErr_Clear'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o: In function `EmbeddedPython::runInPython(QString const&, QString const&, QList<QVariant> const&, int*, QString&, bool)':
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2782): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Ensure'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x27ec): undefined reference to `PyUnicode_FromString'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x281e): undefined reference to `PyImport_Import'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x284b): undefined reference to `PyObject_GetAttrString'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2884): undefined reference to `PyCallable_Check'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x28a1): undefined reference to `PyErr_Occurred'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2967): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Release'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2acf): undefined reference to `PyTuple_New'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2b65): undefined reference to `PyTuple_SetItem'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2c35): undefined reference to `PyObject_CallObject'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o: In function `EmbeddedPython::callPyObjMethod(PyObjectPtr&, QString const&, QList<QVariant> const&, int*, QString&, bool)':
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2dbd): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Ensure'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2e24): undefined reference to `PyObject_GetAttrString'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2e56): undefined reference to `PyCallable_Check'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2e73): undefined reference to `PyErr_Occurred'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2efd): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Release'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x2fe9): undefined reference to `PyTuple_New'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x3067): undefined reference to `PyTuple_SetItem'
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x3126): undefined reference to `PyObject_CallObject'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o: In function `EmbeddedPython::~EmbeddedPython()':
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x191): undefined reference to `Py_Finalize'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/PyObjectPtr.cpp.o: In function `PyObjectPtr::~PyObjectPtr()':
PyObjectPtr.cpp:(.text+0x1f): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Ensure'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/PyObjectPtr.cpp.o: In function `PyObjectPtr::setNewRef(_object*)':
PyObjectPtr.cpp:(.text+0x8a): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Ensure'
PyObjectPtr.cpp:(.text+0xa3): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Release'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/PyObjectPtr.cpp.o: In function `PyObjectPtr::setObject(_object*)':
PyObjectPtr.cpp:(.text+0xea): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Ensure'
PyObjectPtr.cpp:(.text+0x104): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Release'
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/PyObjectPtr.cpp.o: In function `PyObjectPtr::~PyObjectPtr()':
PyObjectPtr.cpp:(.text+0x3d): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Release'
PyObjectPtr.cpp:(.text+0x5f): undefined reference to `PyGILState_Release'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/sigil] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:07 PM   #30
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,
Your system seems to be missing the Python.h header and others related to libpython 3.4. Try looking for the dev package or some package that contains Python.h (and the other libpython headers) and install it with your package manager, and then try a clean rebuild.

Kevin

ps - the build docs for linux are here

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...dingOnLinux.md

My guess is you did not install the libpython3.4-dev package as is listed in the Building On Linux docs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon 64-bit
cmake 3.2.2
python 3.4.3
qt5.5.1

Make ends with "*** [all ] Error 2".

Ideas?

cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/Qt5.5.1/5.5/gcc_64/lib/cmake -DPYTHON_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/python3.4 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/patrik/bin -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3.4 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release Sigil-0.9.3_src

Code:
CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/Misc/EmbeddedPython.cpp.o: In function `EmbeddedPython::EmbeddedPython()':
EmbeddedPython.cpp:(.text+0x7): undefined reference to `Py_Initialize'

Last edited by KevinH; 02-19-2016 at 03:14 PM.