Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #16
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks, JayB, that sounds reassuring. My only problem is that I am not living in the US -- I would have to have a friend bring the Reader in for me so shipping the unit back and forth in case I do get one with problems doesn't seem very feasible.

Happy to hear that a lot of people don't have problems with their T1s though
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #17
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
I've had the rapid page turning thing happen on the T1 (actually it only skips over about 2 pages), but I also had that problem with the 650 sometimes. I discovered it would happen because dust would collect in the corners of the reader. A quick blast of air in the corners resolved the problem. I assume (I know one should never do that) that dust is the problem this time also for the page turning. Even with a cover on I think the plastic casing is static and draws dust to it. My handy can of compressed air is never too far from me anyway.

I had freezing the first time I used the reader but I concluded it was because the books I had on my micro sd were not the formats that the T1 uses (remember it only reads pdf, epub and txt and that's it. No rtf, doc, or lrf). Once I removed those from the sd card I never had another freeze up. It's been steady and reliable ever since.
The only times I've had the page flipping bug was when I tried to blow dust off the screen (with my breath). Now I use a make-up brush to remove dust, but only when the reader is turned off.

Haven't had a problem otherwise.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #18
ring0_event
Zealot
ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle3 (3G), PRS-950 (x2), PRS-T1
I've had only one freeze up, and with an ePub no less, though I did engage standby. I did make a calculated risk to stay in for the long haul, and hopefully Sony will not disappoint me.
ring0_event is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:28 AM   #19
JayB
Enthusiast
JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950 PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
FYI - Target has recently changed their return policy such that ereaders now have a 45 day return policy. It's not on the receipt. You have to look up the policy on their website.
Thanks for letting me know that Bookworm_Girl.
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote