Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Just bought an ebook off B&N... DRM-free?

I'm rather confused at the moment. I was under the impression that Barnes & Noble's ebooks were all DRM encrypted, using the eReader credit-card type DRM. I just bought Omnivore (Piers Anthony) off them since it was cheap, popped it into Calibre, viewed it, converted it to ePub for my Libre, viewed that... no problems at all. Not asked for anything, didn't register any devices, wasn't asked for a card number... just worked. DRM-free PDB file.

So B&N sell some of their books without DRM then? Is there some way to tell pre-purchase which are which? Or did they switch to no DRM at all? *confused*
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
This title is multi-format at FictionWise. So the publisher is ok with DRM-free, but it seems to be DRM ridden at Amazon and Books on Board.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I got a friend in America to buy me an ebook from them last week, and that didn't have any DRM on it either.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote