Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
rtf1976
rtf1976 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Praise for Sony repairs

Got back my PRS 505 on Wednesday and I have to congratulate Sony on a job well done.

If you had read my previous thread "disaster totally gutted" I was not holding out too much hope for Sony repairing my reader under warranty but they did.

I have decided also to write a letter praising the person in Sony who took ownership of my complaint and kept me informed either by telephone or e-mail of how the repairs to my reader where coming along. Society as a whole is quick to complain but not to praise so hopefully Sony will reward a good employee.

Has restored most of my faith in Sony but still a little disappointed that their first response was "unless you pay us to get it fixed, we are nt interested"
rtf1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
sheppy124
sheppy124 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs505
Theres to many people out there who will jump up and complain without a blink of an eye, however when good service is received we far to often dont write in and thank people either in a business or personal situation, I have been guilty of this in the past, I enjoy praise when given, a pat on the back goes a long way.
sheppy124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
I'm glad to hear your reader is back and that Sony repaired it under warranty. It is good to get a positive report about Sony's repair service.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
Knitnpurl
Knitnpurl is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (red), Sony PRS-300 (silver)
I'm glad to hear your reader was fixed to your satisfaction, and it's really nice you took the time to recognize good service. This is a priceless reminder for everyone, to give praise when it's due.
Knitnpurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I'm really glad to hear you did receive good service after all! A letter of appreciation will go a long way, I think. Thanks for writing it!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Happy reading rtf1976
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:26 PM   #7
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
I have had great service from Sony as well. I called Sony and asked why my wife's prs500 did not hold it's charge as long as my 500. It was covered under an extended warranty. They said to send it in so it could be checked out. Sony replaced the 500 model with a 505, total turn around was less than a week.

I think that's pretty great.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote