Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
the2ems
the2ems began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Series Sorting

Hi, I am very new to Calibre, and the only reason I downloaded it was because I wanted to put books in the same series into order. However, I am failing miserably. Despite copying templates from both this forum and the Calibre forum, my efforts are not working. For instance, I have 4 books from the same author which are a series, 1, 2, 3 and 4. I am editing the meta data so that all books show the same author and series, plus their own title and number. But whichever template I use, they always appear on the Kindle in the order 3, 4, 1, 2.
I have checked the meta data over and over to make sure I have it correct, and I don't know what else to do.
Am I trying to do something that is not possible?
I have a Kindle Keyboard, and my computer is a MAC running OS X Mountain Lion
the2ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
[Never mind -- I now see you want sort on Kindle]

Take a look at Series plugin
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
It might help if you let us know exactly what template you are using and whether that template is for Save to Disk, Send to Device, or Metadata Plugboard. It sounds like you need to use a template in Metadata Plugboard. Does the template prepend series and series index to Title? If it does, you need to sort on the Kindle by Title.

Last edited by unboggling; 09-06-2012 at 04:06 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
I use this Metadata Plugboard for my kindle:

{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Kindle books by the same author will be listed in order of publication date not series number. Just edit the pub date manually to get your prefered order.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
vblars
Enthusiast
vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight
I use a custom column call sserie for serial name like Tamora Pierce Circle series.
01 Circle of Magic : 4 books
02 The Circle Opens : 4 books
03 Circle Continues : 2 books
04 The Circle Reforged : 1 book so far
And sort them all over Calibre and my ebook reader aren't easy.
Her is my setup:
Ereader : {author}/{#sserie:0>2d|| - }{series}/{series_index:0>2d|| - }{title}
Metadata plugboards : Format:epub Enhed:"Your ereader" Kildeskabelon:{series_index:0>2d|| - }{title}
Save books on disk : {authors}/{#sserie:0>2d|| - }{series}/{series_index:0>2d|| - }{title}
Tweaks sort_columns_at_startup = [('authors', 0), ('#sserie', 0), ('series', 0)]
Hop it'll help.
vblars is offline   Reply With Quote