Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Exclamation Backing up Reader Library Problems

Hey there,

I've had a PRS-500 for the last four or five years, and I'm about to switch over to the Kindle. The thing is, I want to keep my ebooks, and if possible transfer them over.

But I don't seem to have any kind of back up. The files are all on my reader library, but I can't find them elsewhere on my computer, not even in the folder called Reader Library.

Is there any way to back up to transfer the files from my reader to my computer? Or could I transfer them from my reader to a memory card?

Please help!
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Besides residing somewhere in your PC, they should be available as books you have purchased in your Sony account.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
The Sony Connect software stores it's files on your PC, where depends a little on the version. Search for .LRF or .EPUB files.

When you say "transfer them over" that's not as simple as it sounds. If you have DRMed files, the concept of DRM is that you can only read them on the device you bought them for. That's not something that most folks think well of when they find out. While Google might help you find solutions to the issue, the legality of those solutions is disputed and discussion on this forum is not permitted.

If your files have no DRM, then you are a happy camper. You might want to look at Calibre, it's an excellent tool that can talk to both readers. I use it to update both my Kindle and Sony.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
It is possible you may have a folder called eBook Library where your books are stored (rather than Reader Library). That's where previous versions of the Sony software used to download files.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
And when you have found them, don't forget that you'll have to convert them to a suitable format... Kindles don't use .lrf and .epub files
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert