Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 05:36 AM   #46
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi rvs,

How are you progressing? Can you already change, build and download firmware components?

Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #47
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Hi Marcel,

I haven't made much progress yet. I've decided to first read up a bit on some basic computer/programming/Linux concepts. I tend to be quite broad in my reading, so this could take a while

On the other hand, I'll likely have lots of free time the next few weeks so we'll see. I'll let you know when I've made some progress worth reporting.
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #48
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi Marcel,

I've been testing your key-sequence proof of concept code and it works great on my DR. For some reason it didn't work on the qemu, but it does on the DR.

I've slightly modified it so the DR shuts down instead of unlocks. Now I can shut down the device with just a key sequence

Best regards,

Roderick
Old 04-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #49
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Good to hear that you got your environment up and running. Before publishing the key-hack I want to create a configuration dialog to enable the feature and to select the action to execute (unlock or shutdown).
Do you have any plans for enhancing the DR?
Old 04-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #50
rvs
Groupie

I think I'll try to add a setting to remember the rotation on shutdown or the ability to choose different lock settings depending on the rotation (whichever one seems easier ).
Old 04-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #51
rvs
Groupie

Btw. Doxygen is indeed very useful. I've been trying it for 2 days now and it makes all the difference in understanding the code.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #52
rvs
Groupie

Has anyone been able to get the output from sysd to show on the qemu or ssh terminal? When I turn on the logging for sysd in log.h it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I do get output from other processes like popupmenu, but not sysd.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:40 AM   #53
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
Has anyone been able to get the output from sysd to show on the qemu or ssh terminal? When I turn on the logging for sysd in log.h it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I do get output from other processes like popupmenu, but not sysd.
Yes for me it just works the same as for the other components. Are you using the qemu terminal window (i.e. Ctrl-Alt-3)?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:32 AM   #54
rvs
Groupie

I checked both the qemu terminal window and using ssh after doing a x-server restart. Both give the same results.

edit: my mistake, after a recompile I now do get output from sysd. Not sure what went wrong before.

Last edited by rvs; 04-17-2011 at 05:17 AM. Reason: solved
Old 04-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #55
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
edit: my mistake, after a recompile I now do get output from sysd. Not sure what went wrong before.
Normally when I do not get the output that I expected, I forgot to copy the file to the correct location or forgot to restart the device (or kill the task) so the new file is not yet used.