Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-10-2014, 05:18 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
How do I update my T68?

Can anyone offer any advice on updating the firmware on my Artatech T68 Lynx, please?

When I do a check for updates using the OTA updater, it says there's an update available (2014-06-26_16-16_1_5_0_c3193d0). It downloads, installs, and the T68 then updates. The device then reboots, and the startup screen says:

Finding update package
Opening update package
Verifying update package
E-signature verification failed
Installation aborted

and the system reboots back to the original firmware version.

I've done this three times now, with the same result each time.

Last edited by HarryT; 07-10-2014 at 05:39 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:32 AM   #2
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I had the same problem. What I did was go back to the system update section and touch "check update from local storage". Then, it installed properly!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 05:36 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately when I do that I get the same error ("E-signature verification failed") .
Old 07-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've raised a support call with onyx-boox.com about the issue.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #5
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
Update failed first time for me, and installed correctly the second time after turning it back on.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Hmmm. I've tried it four times now, with no joy.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #7
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Can anyone offer any advice on updating the firmware on my Artatech T68 Lynx, please?

When I do a check for updates using the OTA updater, it says there's an update available (2014-06-26_16-16_1_5_0_c3193d0). It downloads, installs, and the T68 then updates. The device then reboots, and the startup screen says:

Finding update package
Opening update package
Verifying update package
E-signature verification failed
Installation aborted

and the system reboots back to the original firmware version.

I've done this three times now, with the same result each time.
I have the one sold by Booxtor. I know that they don't have the same firm. But in case you have access to a .ZIP file to update, don't try to update from the SD card.

Those messages you get were the same I got when I tried to update mine.
If you can download a .ZIP file, put in the main root in T68 SD.
Everything ok after that.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:23 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought of this myself, earlier, but unfortunately I don't know where I can update a ZIP file from. There's nothing available on the onyx-boox.com website to download.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #9
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I thought of this myself, earlier, but unfortunately I don't know where I can update a ZIP file from. There's nothing available on the onyx-boox.com website to download.
You should have an update.zip file either on your internal or external sd card. It's simply called update.zip. If it isn't in the main root of your internal storage, try moving it there. I wish I had saved mine. I could have sent it to you.

If it is there already, try deleting it and doing the online update again. Maybe it was a bad download to begin with.

If you've done these things already, sorry. These are all my bright ideas!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

What I've done is to unmount my SD card, manually delete the "update.zip" file from the root of internal storage, reboot the device, and then re-download the update package. It then successfully installed, but which one of these operations allowed it to work I have no idea .

Thank you very much for the help - I greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm happy to report that the new firmware does seem to have significantly improved the accuracy of the touchscreen. It's especially noticeable with the on-screen keyboard - eg when typing a URL into the browser. Previously I was triggering the wrong key about 20% of the time, but now it seems almost 100% accurate.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #12
cme
reader
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Good to hear about the touchscreen. However, my Arta Tech T68 Lynx doesn't find any updates ... Build 2014-05-07_11-26-52 says "No update package available".
cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #13
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
I'm happy to report that the new firmware does seem to have significantly improved the accuracy of the touchscreen. It's especially noticeable with the on-screen keyboard - eg when typing a URL into the browser. Previously I was triggering the wrong key about 20% of the time, but now it seems almost 100% accurate.
My experience has been very similar. Glad to see it confirmed! There's always the placebo effect to look out for.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #14
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Has anybody that updated tried to root? I want to make sure I can still roof after the update.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #15
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Has anybody that updated tried to root? I want to make sure I can still roof after the update.
I was able to successfully re-root with towelroot v1.