Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
ematte
ematte began at the beginning.

Device: none
image issues with Epub

Hi

I've been working with supplied InDesign files and exporting to Epub then making modifications with Dreamweaver. I've noticed quite a few people running their files thru epubcheck and having errors. From what I've seen, these failures may or may not be problematical.

I recently did one file that had maps but got the following error using epubcheck

1.ERROR: Test.epub/OEBPS/Maps.xhtml(20): 'OEBPS/images/Map': referenced resource missing in the package

The images are in the image folder and also in the content and toc. Has anyone had this issue before? If so, what is the cause.

Thanks for your help

Ed
ematte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Ed and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

Have you looked in the epub forum (see main forum page)

epubcheck is not the be-all-and-end-all, its results are not always an issue, if a reader can read the files correctly.

looking at the error statement, and your comments that everything is there - are you correctly referencing the paths to each item ?

[my suggestions do not imply that I know what I'm talking about ]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome I hope you get it sorted out
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #6
ematte
ematte began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi

I just checked the content.opf and the images folder and noticed one thing. The names of the maps in the image folders use the # sign whereas the name of the corresponding image in the content.opf has the # sign replaced by a dash. I'll redo the names and see if maybe that's the problem?

Ed
ematte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote