Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 02:31 AM   #1
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
It ain't easy being green!

Thought that this might interest y'all.

http://greengadgetblog.com/iphone-solar-sleeve/

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
It would be more effective if it were built like a flip open iPhone protector with flexible solar cells all around.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 12:23 AM   #3
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, I think that you are quite right.

I am trying to get as many of my gadgets as possible to be able to be solar charged.

Cheers
Old 03-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post

I am trying to get as many of my gadgets as possible to be able to be solar charged.

Cheers
That's a very good way of seeing things.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Here's a product that might help: A solar battery charger.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:

Cheers
Which is a great idea in Australia.
Maybe not so good in Wales. My solar phone charger just won't work properly until May. It's cloudy and wet here for most of the winter.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Maybe not so good in Wales. My solar phone charger just won't work properly until May. It's cloudy and wet here for most of the winter.
Sadly, your charger is really not efficient. A good one should work with artificial light. On a cloudy day there are enough powerful rays going through to be effective. That depends on cells and what spectrum of light they use. Also, the more cells the better.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Actually, living in Tampa where we have sunshine pretty much 300+ days a year I would love to put solar on my house for electric.. (I currently have solar panels to heat the pool.)

But, currently even though there are rebates from the electric company if you do this... they still aren't efficient enough for the price so the pay back time is very long. Perhaps in 5 years the financial payback will be better. I would love to cut my electric bill to less than $50 a month or even get a credit in the summer months.

Paying $250+ per month isn't fun.

But, getting a solar charger for your devices is a good start.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 03-18-2010 at 12:02 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

This magazine is the best on solar. It's available on paper and PDF. Their links page is amazing...
Old 03-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
This magazine is the best on solar. It's available on paper and PDF. Their links page is amazing...
Nice... bookmarked and you've got karma.

BOb
Old 03-19-2010, 02:23 AM   #11
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Many thanks for the links.

I have a solar-powered calculator that I bought in Cape Town in 1976. It lives in my bedside draw and is still going strong.

Cheers.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:10 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Portable hydroelectric?
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #13
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
There's a thought.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #14
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Wind power?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have a solar-powered calculator that I bought in Cape Town in 1976. It lives in my bedside draw and is still going strong.

Cheers.
My solar-powered calculator's battery died.

BOb