Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
On Sale Now: $89.95 eBookwise 1150 backlit LCD touchscreen ebook reader!

I just noticed at www.fictionwise.com or www.ebookwise.com a huge (liquidation?) sale for the EBW1150 with internal 64MB memory. You can't miss the nice flash banner at the top of the screen.

If you ever thought about picking up this unit, what are you waiting for....

It's a very robust reader and is quite suitable for children who enjoy reading "the classics"....

More info about the eBookwise-1150 device can be found in our own wiki pages.

And just look at the free IMP ebooks library available from our very own mobileread.com uploaders.

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-02-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typo
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This is, indeed, a good price, although I would add that the Reader is suitable not only for children but for adults.

This is a excellent Reader with a backlit screen. The technology may be older, but as nrapallo indicates, it's a very robust reader as well.

nrapallo is a very modest person, but many here acknowledge him as the resident expert on all things Ebookwise and Fictionwise, going back to the earlier incarnations of these fine Readers up to the present one.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
I ordered one for my Dad for Christmas. He is very non-technical but it sounded easy enough for him to use. I'd like to have it filled with books when I give it to him. I know I can find some good classics here but is there any easy way to convert other formats to imp?

If anyone has any good recommendations of the books available here I'd love to hear them. He likes reading about wars, indian wars, frontier times, biographies, and history.

Thanks.

Sheila
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Just got an email and came here to see if this had already been posted. I still use mine from time to time and it is a great reader. I am going to pick one up since this has the upgraded memory and SMC cards are scarce. The ones I have probably won't last too much longer.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
I ordered one for my Dad for Christmas. He is very non-technical but it sounded easy enough for him to use. I'd like to have it filled with books when I give it to him. I know I can find some good classics here but is there any easy way to convert other formats to imp?
Check out the sticky post Attention: All eBookwise newbies! for what to expect when dealing with this device.

Just to drop some names, it can use Impserve to transfer .imp ebooks to the hardware reader connected with the supplied usb cable. It can use Lit2sb to convert any older .lit ebook directly to .imp ebooks or Mobi2IMP to convert .prc/.mobi/.pdb (unencrypted) ebooks directly to .imp ebooks or PDFRead to convert .pdf/djvu/.cbr/.cbz directly to .imp formats.

All these are available free from Mobileread.com. Just check the IMP software wiki page for more software used with .imp ebooks!

Quote:
If anyone has any good recommendations of the books available here I'd love to hear them. He likes reading about wars, indian wars, frontier times, biographies, and history.

Thanks.

Sheila
Another source of EBW1150 .imp ebooks is www.munseys.com or Project Gutenberg (and PG Australia) using my freeware GuteBook program (see my sig below for a link!).

So you see, I don't think you'll regret this purchase, it's a great value...
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Nick. I appreciate the tips.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
bookfanmd
Addict

I see there are two types of imp files. Half and full VGA or some have 1200 in the title. What is the difference and which one do I need for this device? Thanks.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
nrapallo

Quote:
I see there are two types of imp files. Half and full VGA or some have 1200 in the title. What is the difference and which one do I need for this device? Thanks.
Yes, there are two .imp flavours; the one you need is the normal .imp ending as that one is for the eBookwise 1150 aka EBW1150. The other ones (available only here at mobileread.com) usually ending in _1200.imp are for the REB1200, a larger color version of the EBW1150.

The 16 grayscale Half-VGA (320x480) is the format for the EBW1150 .imp whereas the Full-VGA (480x640) cannot be used by the EBW1150 and is for the REB1200 (see my avatar pic ).

EBW1150 .imp screenshot:

REB1200 _1200.imp screenshot:

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-03-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #9
bookfanmd
Addict

Thanks for clearing that up Nick.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I just noticed at www.fictionwise.com or www.ebookwise.com a huge (liquidation?) sale for the EBW1150 with internal 64MB memory.
Oh that's a good deal! Thanks Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This is, indeed, a good price, although I would add that the Reader is suitable not only for children but for adults.
Hey who you callin' an adult!

Quote:
I ordered one for my Dad for Christmas. He is very non-technical but it sounded easy enough for him to use.
Oh oh. While using the device is very easy and intuitive, in my opinion they have the best ergonomic design of all the readers.

But the getting IMP eBook format on the device is a whole different story. It's not as straight forward as most eReaders but once you've set it up it works just fine.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I looked at it (again) and (again) found out I still can't buy it...

It was the first in line to replace my Ebookman way back when. But i couldn't buy it then and still can't buy it...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote