Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #16
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Congrats!

At least you've more decisive powers than I have I'm always afraid that when I buy something, the next week there'll be a much better device, for the same price...
I was stuck in that loop too, til I discovered there WAS no one reader that would do everything I wanted it to AND have access to Amazon's selection.
Kindle does not have the format accessibility I wanted to be able to read my existing library, and no other reader can access Amazon's selection. At first I was going to wait and see if Kindle 2 would be open to other formats, but at the time, we weren't sure there was even going to BE a Kindle 2, or if there was, when it would show up. I got stuck without a book somewhere, and that frustrated me enough to decide I wasn't waiting any longer - plus I stumbled in here and found out about the Astak EZ Reader, and RobertB offered that deal on colored ones...and I pounced on it. Am I sorry I didn't wait for Kindle 2? No. I'd like to have a Kindle 1 (used, but good condition and cheap) to access Amazon's selection with, and if I find one, I'll jump on that, but if I don't, that's fine too. There's enough material NOT on Amazon to keep me busy for a looooong time.

The other thing is: The way the technological loop runs, there will always be a newer, sometimes better, device for the same price after you buy something. I learned that a long time ago and I've learned to live with it. I decided that I just can't keep chasing the tech dragon's tail, or I'll never enjoy any of the things I want.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:36 AM   #17
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I decided to wait till March, as I'll be going to the CeBIT. Let's see what I will see there...

And about the Kindle, I've been looking at that one as well. But the fact that it's completely unavailable for me is a kind of show stopper...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Good call.

I ended up with a Blackberry instead of a used Kindle 1; but if Amazon does what they say and opens the Kindle bookstore to mobile devices, and Blackberry is one of them..well you see the logic. And even if they don't, I've still got access to every OTHER ebookstore out there plus the "live" access to Mobipocket through the Blackberry.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote