Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you use your electronic reading device in the WC?
Yes, I use my electronic book in the WC all the time. 35 36.84%
Yes, I use it at home but not in a public WC. 31 32.63%
Yes, on occasion but I normally have separate reading material. 9 9.47%
No, it is non sanitary. 9 9.47%
No, it’s a matter of etiquette. I wasn’t raised that way. 4 4.21%
No, I might damage it by dropping in the bowl/sink/tub. 7 7.37%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #46
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I've been in theaters. Sometimes they have no doors on the washrooms, just a short corridor that turns a couple of times to block the view from the outside. Airports do this, as well. But in every restaurant I can remember, the doors swing in to the restroom. There must be something in the code about this (in the US, anyway). I'm well aware of the Cocoanut Grove fire that led to these codes. But it is apparent that they don't always apply to rooms within a building to the extent that they apply to building main exits.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #47
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
It always surprises me that public restroom doors don't open out, rather than in, which would solve this problem. (You can nudge a door open with your shoulder, etc.)
edit: oops allready answered

Last edited by jamesdmanley; 11-07-2007 at 10:43 AM.
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #48
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Doors? You have doors?
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:34 PM   #49
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Yeah, I keep forgetting that's a western idea.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:19 AM   #50
GregS
Zealot
GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ Reader 5", Iliad
We have two toilets in the house, a girl's toilet (reserved for my wife) and a boys' toilet for me and my sons. The latter has a good strong light, a magazine rack, ample room to stretch one's legs. I have wanted a bookshelf in there, but wifely interventions have stopped my inept DIY plans (I will wait until SWMBO - "she who must be obeyed" - is away).

I do not have a reader yet, so I cannot answer the poll. But around my house when it is asked "how long will he be?" The answer is inevitably, "when the chapter ends".
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #51
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
We have two toilets in the house, a girl's toilet (reserved for my wife) and a boys' toilet for me and my sons. The latter has a good strong light, a magazine rack, ample room to stretch one's legs. I have wanted a bookshelf in there, but wifely interventions have stopped my inept DIY plans (I will wait until SWMBO - "she who must be obeyed" - is away).

I do not have a reader yet, so I cannot answer the poll. But around my house when it is asked "how long will he be?" The answer is inevitably, "when the chapter ends".
Bravo!
When Chapter ends.
Have a urinal installed, that will give you control over the space. Of course you know you'll be in charge of cleaning then. After that a library shelf will be possible and of course a good reading example for the boys. And don't forget a spot for a reader like a small mural bin.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:54 AM   #52
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Clean is happy Toto has the answer

Well. I see no one has come across this TOTO toilet. check out this website:

http://www.cleanishappy.com/

click the buns after the intro. Maybe TOTO should make an e-reader?

hidari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Bravo!
When Chapter ends.
Have a urinal installed, that will give you control over the space. Of course you know you'll be in charge of cleaning then. After that a library shelf will be possible and of course a good reading example for the boys. And don't forget a spot for a reader like a small mural bin.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #53
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
We always had a magazine rack and a place to put a few books. That was back in the days when we had pBooks. We always had a good dictionary, a pocket encyclopedia, and a joke book. Then there were the current catalogs from DAK, Fingerhut and a few others.

Question: Do you take your coffee in there with you?
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:51 AM   #54
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Device: PRS505
Personall I don't really read in the toilet, but if I did I would use whatever I am reading with at the time.

Cleanliness doesn't come into it, I don't wipe with reading material.....
Icarusbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #55
ahseng77
ahseng77 began at the beginning.

Device: se p990,505,mot355,nok1255
if i bored, i will read everything, heck i collect shoujo manga! so everytime i go to toilet, my hand will grab something to read (except public toilet...)
ahseng77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:18 PM   #56
ahseng77
ahseng77 began at the beginning.

Device: se p990,505,mot355,nok1255
i'm ordered prs 505, and waiting to come, so sony will soon regulary visit my toilet hehehe
ahseng77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:43 AM   #57
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I am assuming the "WC" is the reading/throne room? I might not always be reading, I might be playing chess, sim city, doing an NY Times corssword or just surfing...

I mean geeze that is what the room is for, right?

PS: I use a lanyard to prevent accidental submersion into the, well, you know...

Last edited by brecklundin; 12-19-2007 at 02:55 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #58
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
I do what a number of others do here and put the book down, wash, escape....

We have a handy shelf that also has a wind up radio on it within reach of the loo, magic
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #59
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post

Now that's a Christmas gift some people deserve.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:36 PM   #60
Astropin
Connoisseur
Astropin is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, N800
I read in there ALL the time....magazines & books.

About the "hand washing" issue. I agree and usually do wash my hands, but let us remember that urine (as long as your not sick) is completely sterile....not to mention I don't normally get any on my hands! Now the ol' #2 gets a hand washing every time. Certainly not sterile. If you're just urinating you're probably safer NOT washing your hands in a public restroom. Then just use some of that hand sanitizer that the wife keeps in her purse
Astropin is offline   Reply With Quote