Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 08:02 AM   #16
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinath View Post
I've found a purple one, but whilst it's fine for storage it looks no good for keeping it safe ]
Looks nice but the screen s the vulnerable bit so I prefer covers which are fairly rigid over this part. Having said that I have dropped mine without a cover and no damage. But I have heard of screens without covers getting crushed in rucksacks ...
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #17
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
My green lighted cover just arrived and it is gorgeous! I am very impressed with the quality of it, really nicely made and the inside is super soft.
The back is very rigid, which I like, glad I got the lighted one as the front does have more bend than the back, so it feels very secure and safe.
The back is barely any thicker than the front, it is a great, neat job with the light, loving it.

I was going to get an Oberon, but now I have this I may not bother, it is so pretty and neat.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #18
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
My green lighted cover just arrived and it is gorgeous! I am very impressed with the quality of it, really nicely made and the inside is super soft.
The back is very rigid, which I like, glad I got the lighted one as the front does have more bend than the back, so it feels very secure and safe.
The back is barely any thicker than the front, it is a great, neat job with the light, loving it.

I was going to get an Oberon, but now I have this I may not bother, it is so pretty and neat.
Glad you like yours too - the green was also really nice. In fact I could have picked any of the cover colours really. Perhaps not black as my K2 cover is black and I'm bored with that now.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #19
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post

Does yours also miss the most important part?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #20
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
with the cover are the dimensions such that you can still slip it into a jacket pocket?
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #21
TheKindleWorm
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsussman View Post
with the cover are the dimensions such that you can still slip it into a jacket pocket?
It's about 13.3 x 19.5 cm and actually I was surprised when comparing with my Kindle 2 cover that it really doesn't appear to be much smaller. Small enough to fit in my bag though so that's the main thing. I don't wear jackets so i'm not sure about that - would have to be biggish pockets.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #22
cbb77
cbb77 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Looks nice. How's weight of the cover? Still trying to decide between the one with the light or not. Was wondering if the light would add too much weight / bulk over the standard cover and making the whole unit feel heavy.
cbb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #23
TheKindleWorm
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbb77 View Post
Looks nice. How's weight of the cover? Still trying to decide between the one with the light or not. Was wondering if the light would add too much weight / bulk over the standard cover and making the whole unit feel heavy.
Yes the lighted cover does feel a little weighty although I'm very small and weedy so maybe that's why! To most people, it may be no issue whatsoever but with the Kindle inside as well, I can imagine that I might not want to hold it up for too long.

I don't think it is the light that adds the weight because the light does seem very compact - I think it is whatever they have used to strengthen the entire back of the case.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #24
Mike 01Hawk
Enthusiast
Mike 01Hawk doesn't litterMike 01Hawk doesn't litter

Device: K3 Wifi Graphite :)
Can you adjust the light at all? IE curve it down/up any?

My K3 should be here SOMETIME... but I'm going to hold off on a lit cover until some guy in China comes up with an even better design with more flexibility for like 1/10 the cost
Mike 01Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #25
TheKindleWorm
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 01Hawk View Post
Can you adjust the light at all? IE curve it down/up any?

My K3 should be here SOMETIME... but I'm going to hold off on a lit cover until some guy in China comes up with an even better design with more flexibility for like 1/10 the cost
No you can't adjust the light so I assume it is in the optimum position. You have to have it fully extended in order for it to work according to the manual.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #26
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Does yours also miss the most important part?
unfortunately, yes just keep holding my empty cover,trying to imagine the wonders of kindle
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #27
TheKindleWorm
Guru

Now I've actually got my Kindle, I've produced some photos of the lighted cover in action - attached. For anyone who's interested in my thoughts on the lighted cover - it's all covered on my blog.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xdSCF1114.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	495.3 KB
ID:	57578   Click image for larger version

Name:	xDSCF1116.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	609.7 KB
ID:	57579   Click image for larger version

Name:	xDSCF1119.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	474.9 KB
ID:	57580  
Old 09-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #28
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
The amazon covers are really good this time. The other companies are going to have to be very good to beat it on quality and price. Love the pink and hubby's is getting green.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:00 AM   #29
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Now I've actually got my Kindle, I've produced some photos of the lighted cover in action - attached. For anyone who's interested in my thoughts on the lighted cover - it's all covered on my blog.
The way the light work reminds me of the travel mighty bright light that I have which only have one setting. So I think the light looks to be ok to read in the dark. I don't like the light that is too bright anyway. Thanks for the pictures!
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:37 AM   #30
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Wow! That's looks sooo pretty. I ordered the same cover. Lighted Hot Pink.

That's a really pretty pink color and the quality of it looks great too.

I can't wait to have my Kindle 3 and book cover arrived.

Thanks for sharing that pictures.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote