Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
ferridder
ferridder began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Migrating library.db

Hi,

I have an old version of calibre, with a library.db file, that I would like to migrate (the contents of) to another computer.

Can I just add the library.db file as a book on the new version of calibre on the new computer, or how should I go about it?

Cheers!
ferridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
wow library.db will be from almost a year ago. Are you sure it's not library1.db? Just run the GUI, it should be migrated automatically.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
ferridder

You are right, it is a library1.db

I have copied the library1.db file from computer1 to computer2, but I must have put it in the wrong directory, because no conversion happened when starting the GUI on computer2.

Computer1 runs 64bit Ubuntu, and the binary install didn't work; otherwise I would have converted it there...

Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you can use the command
Code:
calibre-debug --migrate library1.db /path/to/new/library/folder
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
ferridder

Great!

Many thanks, and I just donated...