Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Pulp or Pulp fiction title tag

I was wondering if it wouldn't be appropriate to add a new pulp or pulp fiction tag to the title tags list. I do think it is quite a genre of its own and deserves the accurate description. Sorry if this has already been talked about, but I couldn't find anything the like.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that is an interesting idea mtravellerh, and one that i can imagine at least one or two other people around here might enthusiastically endorse (Dr. Drib...). i'll mention it to alex and see what he thinks, but he is currently very busy with his job and might not be able to take care of it right away.

on the other hand, we also have the tag system to refine genres more specifically, and this seems like a perfect use for that : prefix : mystery, tag : pulp to further narrow the genre.

i recommend adding the tag "pulp" for the present.

also, i'm going to take the liberty of moving this thread to the "feedback" forum, since i think it is more appropriate there.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
HarryT has already commented that he sees "'pulp' as a 'style of writing' rather than a 'genre'."

I agree. Pulp is a classification that applies to all types of writing from childrens to westerns with SciFi and mysteries thrown in. In addition to a style, the "pulps" were generally books that originally came out in a magazine format written by one or more staff writers. Street & Smith in the US were famous for this. The "Doc Savage" series is a prime example. The term was also applied for many years in the US to any book that had its original publication in paperbound rather than hardbound. The "Matt Helm" series is an example of this type.

You can add a "pulp" tag as Zelda mentioned.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote