Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #241
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Just got mine! Hey they come in a black box rather than the usual brown box. And my UPS guy had another UPS guy with him. I asked if he was breaking in a new guy. He laughed and said no that was his boss who following him today to make sure he didn't throw all the packages in the dumpster!

Now to unbox and check it out.
I'm looking forward to hearing your view of the screen.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #242
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
FINALLY! No SN yet, but at least it changed to shipping soon! :-)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #243
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
1) PW SO Wifi ordered 9/6, arrived today.

2) 2nd PW SO Wifi ordered 9/25, had an EDD of 10/25 until today, when it changed to "We'll notify you when we know".

So I'm assuming my second order slipped into the supply-demand void and won't have a date for a while.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #244
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
I'm looking forward to hearing your view of the screen.
Here is the start of my review on the screen. I'm initially disappointed with it.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #245
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
I just received a delivery notice for my PW and case. Of course they waited until after my lunch break to deliver
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #246
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
P.O Box manager called me... mine arrived ...

Wait for me, beloved Kindle PW... wait for me ... lol ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #247
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
FedEx left a package at the door. It was not from amazon. Just more development kits from Texas Instruments to add to my rather large collection. But still waiting for my (shipped) Paperwhite...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #248
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Here is the start of my review on the screen. I'm initially disappointed with it.
Thanks for the information. I responded in your post that I think you have a defective unit. So far I am pleased with the two units I received.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #249
colder
colder began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
can pls post someone a picture of the Kindle Paperwhite box (is the post Label on the black box or give it a extra delivery box for the KPW).
colder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #250
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by colder View Post
can pls post someone a picture of the Kindle Paperwhite box (is the post Label on the black box or give it a extra delivery box for the KPW).
I can try and get a pic a little later unless someone beats me to it. It's a black box that looks just like the box my Kindle touch came in (except color) and like the KT the label in on the devices box it's not shipped in a separate shipping box.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #251
teraflame
Enthusiast
teraflame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I preordered kindle on first day available, selected one day shipping. Not here today and tracking hasn't updated at all. Amazon is just refunding me $4 and says I'll have to wait another 2-3 days. Not happy.
teraflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #252
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Anybody else get a $3 promotional credit for "buying a qualifying kindle accessory"? I just got an email referencing my cover order.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #253
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
My wife's pink cover arrived today and they updated her PW Wifi NSO to "shipping soon" with an estimated arrival at 10/10...which is perfect cuz her birthday is 10/11. I'm doing the one day shipping $3.98/item and am a prime member
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #254
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
My NSO PW is still scheduled for 10/11 delivery and my KF HD 7" 32 Gb is still scheduled for 10/25 delivery.

However, my PW Tan Leather case originally scheduled for 10/31 was changed to 10/3 and has been shipped.

Some of those PW's received yesterday and today came with blotches on the bottom of their screens. I hope that problem is resolved for the shipments due on 10/11.

I also have Prime.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #255
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
My Wifi SO has been saying "Shipping soon" for a few days now I orded as soon as preorder was available.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote