Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #31
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I was using the Video app not a browser. Why use a browser for Amazon Prime Video?
This is is funny, but for some nutty reason I always assumed the video tab was for movies you purchased. So I always used the browser for it. Let's just say that I'll be using the video tab from now on. lol.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #32
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
This is is funny, but for some nutty reason I always assumed the video tab was for movies you purchased. So I always used the browser for it. Let's just say that I'll be using the video tab from now on. lol.
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #33
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Haha... yes, I know. I now wonder what other obvious things I'm missing.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #34
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
Why is everyone running to update?
It's what gadget lovers do
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:34 AM   #35
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Haha... yes, I know. I now wonder what other obvious things I'm missing.
I so often wonder that myself. We all have our moments. LOL
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #36
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I noticed that I now have to update and I set flash to work and check my movies and they work, so far I am happy
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #37
beej231
Addict

Got the update. Unless there is something major under the hood, it appears to be a whole lot of nothin'.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #38
jduck
Connoisseur
jduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it is

Device: kindle Fire
Seems to be mostly Silk changes in this version. Many may be things we'd not notice.

The flash feature is an oddity. The ability to turn it off or make it 'on demand' (this is the way I have it in Firefox and I like avoiding flash ads) is great, but it seems they defaulted it to off. This would tend to improve page loading performance but what a bad idea PR-wise when you don't TELL anyone this has been done and now they're going to think "Hm, now the Fire doesn't do flash, either, should have gotten an ipad!".
jduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #39
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
It looks primarily like 6.2.2 just blocks root again.
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #40
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I guess why some of the posts on xda were about blocking the update because of rooters.

The update has not come through for me yet. Wifi is on and I clicked on sync. My kf will not accept the link on the first page that was provided to download the update.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #41
DaveSp
Enthusiast
DaveSp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoCat View Post
It looks primarily like 6.2.2 just blocks root again.
And recent Amazon changes are limiting mobile device Prime video to just the Fire. With my recent update to stock ICS on my Xoom tablet, I can no longer watch Prime videos through the browser (like the Fire problem noted earlier in this thread).

Dave
DaveSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #42
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSp View Post
And recent Amazon changes are limiting mobile device Prime video to just the Fire. With my recent update to stock ICS on my Xoom tablet, I can no longer watch Prime videos through the browser (like the Fire problem noted earlier in this thread).

Dave
Well you did root it. Don't cry about it now.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #43
DaveSp
Enthusiast
DaveSp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
Well you did root it. Don't cry about it now.
I missed the part where I said I rooted it - I didn't. Official ICS has been rolled out to the Xoom. I have a stock Xoom with ICS.
DaveSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #44
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Still sitting here at 6.2.1 .... /taps fingers impatiently ....
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Still sitting here at 6.2.1 .... /taps fingers impatiently ....
Manually update. It's quick and easy. Just copy the bin file to your Kindleupdates folder then go to settings/device and tap Update your Kindle.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote