Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Does the latest version work for you?
Yes 92 89.32%
No 11 10.68%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #391
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Has anyone updated theirs to 3.3? If so did it work?
I have the same question. Maybe I try it out on mine.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #392
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Has anyone updated theirs to 3.3? If so did it work?
how exactly can you go about this? the update bin is k3 only.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #393
benong
Enthusiast
benong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-950
I believe my DXG's latest updated firmware 2.5.8 is causing the unreasonable battery drain so much so that I have to recharge overnight everyday. And because of this, I intend to try out the 3.1. However, I live outside US and therefore it is double hard for me to get hold of a Kindle 3.
Can anyone be so kind and generous to help?
I can be contacted via ben.ong@gmail.com
Thank you in advance.
benong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #394
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Yep. Would have updated my KDXG too but i don't have access to K3 to get the image...
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #395
jpl2003
jpl2003 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Hi,

I have the Kindle D00901 wifi+3g+NoAd originally version 3.0.2

- Updated to version 3.1 (558700031) from https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...e_3.1_B006.bin

- Reset to factory default

- Jailbreaked using “update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g_install.bin" from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...chmentid=77945

- Tried “update_k3-3.1-create_updater.bin” from http://yifan.lu/p/kindleupdater

- Got error U024 with make-package.log readout below:

ota_install: I def:make-package::checking for enough free space to continue
ota_install: E def:make-package::cannot find /mnt/us/rootfs.img
system: I make-package.ffs:def:drawing: eips 18 38 "Cannot find /mnt/us/rootfs.img"

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you.

PS and Update: I made an elementary error and did not read the instruction carefully. After following the update instruction carefully and continue, I have successfully ported version 3.1 to Kindle DXG. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by jpl2003; 11-06-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Process Update
jpl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #396
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
how exactly can you go about this? the update bin is k3 only.
Not quite. Many of us have successfully installed the version 3.2.1 in the past.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #397
thebestjeter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by benong View Post
I believe my DXG's latest updated firmware 2.5.8 is causing the unreasonable battery drain so much so that I have to recharge overnight everyday. And because of this, I intend to try out the 3.1. However, I live outside US and therefore it is double hard for me to get hold of a Kindle 3.
Can anyone be so kind and generous to help?
I can be contacted via ben.ong@gmail.com
Thank you in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
Yep. Would have updated my KDXG too but i don't have access to K3 to get the image...
I have sent you PMs
Old 11-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #398
JDifool
JDifool began at the beginning.

Device: KDXG
Wowowow.

I was on the verge of selling my KDXG International I had been using for the past year for educational purposes (full page PDF). The lack of proper PDF support, the browser, all previously mentionned stuff.

And then ! WTF !
In the same night of lonely wandering, I find this post, plus another one allowing me to unleash the power of unlimited 3G on my french head !

My Kindle is as shiny as the first day.

Thanks so much for your dedication and huge work (been reading through the 27 pages, great teamwork and all).

I'll post results when eveyrthing is done.

J from Paris
JDifool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:49 AM   #399
JDifool
JDifool began at the beginning.

Device: KDXG
Good god !

Worked like a charm.

Thanks again so much.

jdif
JDifool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #400
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestjeter View Post
Not quite. Many of us have successfully installed the version 3.2.1 in the past.
But none thus far has applied the 3.3 update.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #401
wylalan
wylalan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestjeter View Post
I have sent you PMs
Any kind soul can help me? I would love to update my DXG too but I don't have access to a Kindle 3... =/

Thanks!
wylalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #402
mr_clark
mr_clark began at the beginning.

I would love to be able to do this on my Kindle DX International also. Can somebody help out a guy without a Kindle3? Would love to have better PDF support.

Thanks in advance.
mr_clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #403
thebestjeter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylalan View Post
Any kind soul can help me? I would love to update my DXG too but I don't have access to a Kindle 3... =/

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clark View Post
I would love to be able to do this on my Kindle DX International also. Can somebody help out a guy without a Kindle3? Would love to have better PDF support.

Thanks in advance.
PM sent.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:00 AM   #404
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
According to the readme, you can revert by doing a full restore. But how do I do this on a Windows computer?
PharaohsVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #405
mr_clark
mr_clark began at the beginning.

Awesome. I'm now running Kindle 3.2.1 on my DXG. Thanks guys. This is awesome.
mr_clark is offline   Reply With Quote