Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Angry Not happy with Kobo Customer Service

On 9/9 I called Kobo CS because a book I wanted to download refused because it said they didn't have authorization. The CS rep put in a request to fix it and said they would email me back when fixed or handled.

Today I hadn't heard anything so I went online to see if the book was still listed and to see if maybe they had attached a note or something alerting people of the problem when trying to download this book.

Guess what? When all this started and I alerted CS about the problem, the book was free. Now it is for purchase only and I still have not heard back. I contacted them by phone and was told it would probably be a few more days. They could not tell me if they would honor the "free" download or not when fixed!

Lovely!

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I had a similar problem a few weeks back. The book was coded as "-1¢" instead of $0 and in the payment routine it must have hung up: a credit card can't be charged "-1¢" so it got confused. By the time ti was sorted out, the free book was converted to paid. Customer service -- at their prompting, not mine -- offered me another free book of my choice from a designated list (I used the code on something not on the list ...).

My experience with Kobo service has been really good. Why not write back to the person who first responded and explain the book has now gone to "paid" status? I will bet they'll find a solution which works for you under the circumstances.

Once you have firm resolution, would you mind replying back here?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
After almost a month (purchased on August 17) I am still awaiting on a refund, or credit, of an eBook I bought, by my own fault, that wasn't available as an ePub.

The first level of customer service was prompt and friendly, then my request was passed to the billing department, which to my understanding is non-existant heh

Last edited by Squirsier; 09-14-2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Time flies!
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
My dealings have been strictly via e-mail. It was prompt and direct.

How can you buy a book from kobobooks that isn't an ePub? Is that possible?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
My dealings have been strictly via e-mail. It was prompt and direct.

How can you buy a book from kobobooks that isn't an ePub? Is that possible?
Yes, it unfortunately is... Some eBooks are not available as ePubs, only as Web and Mobile. Didn't realize what I was doing until I bought the eBook (Napoleon's Pyramids by William Dietrich), because I too, figured there was an ePub version of everything on the site - not so.
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Just got a reply to the second email I sent regarding the first request. I basically told them I hadnt heard anything on the original request and that I noticed the book was now for purchase, not free. I wondered if I would be able to get the book for free once the problem was corrected.

The reply this morning said, "This request will be deleted as the original request is being handled by another agent".

No mention of when it might be fixed or when I could expect an answer. I will go to the original request ticket and add a comment to see if I get anywhere.

Marie
Old 09-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
Yes, it unfortunately is... Some eBooks are not available as ePubs, only as Web and Mobile. Didn't realize what I was doing until I bought the eBook (Napoleon's Pyramids by William Dietrich), because I too, figured there was an ePub version of everything on the site - not so.
If you are really interested in this book and haven't found it elsewhere keep checking with Kobo.
I had the same situation a few weeks back. As I don't use the Kobo desktop app (my Kobo came with the Borders app as I live in Australia) I was unable to access the book.
I managed to get a link to the Kobo app from someone here and was able to download the book directly to my Kobo (I really wanted the book not a refund) but within a week or so the ePub version appeared.
Kobo then sent me instructions on how to download the ePub (which was very sweet of them!) but of course I had already done that as soon as the ePub appeared.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #8
Squirsier
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
If you are really interested in this book and haven't found it elsewhere keep checking with Kobo.
I had the same situation a few weeks back. As I don't use the Kobo desktop app (my Kobo came with the Borders app as I live in Australia) I was unable to access the book.
I managed to get a link to the Kobo app from someone here and was able to download the book directly to my Kobo (I really wanted the book not a refund) but within a week or so the ePub version appeared.
Kobo then sent me instructions on how to download the ePub (which was very sweet of them!) but of course I had already done that as soon as the ePub appeared.
It's been almost a month (will be in 2 days) and the book is still not available in ePub, which I ended up buying from the Sony Store (for cheaper too, go figure), so I really want that credit or refund :/
Old 09-17-2010, 06:49 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Kobo staff read (and write on) the Kobo forum--not sure if they read this one. You may want to ask a mod to move the thread. My experience with Kobo help has been good, btw.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #10
tiniree
Zealot

Well, I have written to them twice more and have gotten NO response. The original request still says that it is being handled by "so and so" but have not heard back. Very frustrating.

Marie
Old 09-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #11
sweevo
Groupie
sweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle Touch
That reminds me of the time I tried to use Steam. I've never used the service before, but they had a huge sale and I decided to take the plunge, open an account and order a couple dozen titles.

Their anti-fraud safeguards kicked in, they claimed it was my credit card's fault, and by the time I got that cleared up with customer service, one game was no longer on sale.

Customer service reps were unable to credit me for the difference.

So instead of a satisfied customer starting off with dozens of titles and undoubtedly buying more, Steam has somebody who will never use the service again, after all the time spent (including on the phone with my credit card company) and aggravation.

The price adjustment I asked for was under five dollars.
sweevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
Squirsier
Addict

They've finally reimbursed my mistakenly purchased eBook not available in ePub
Old 09-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #13
Xtfreak
Xtfreak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
They've finally reimbursed my mistakenly purchased eBook not available in ePub
You should be very happy.
By your own addmitance (in your earlier post) you bought an ebook in the wrong format.
You then went to Kobo.
Even though it was no fault of thiers that you purchased the ebook they still reinbursed you.
In this case it is very good customer service if you ask me.
Bill
Xtfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #14
Squirsier
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtfreak View Post
You should be very happy.
By your own addmitance (in your earlier post) you bought an ebook in the wrong format.
You then went to Kobo.
Even though it was no fault of thiers that you purchased the ebook they still reinbursed you.
In this case it is very good customer service if you ask me.
Bill
It took more than a month, so I'd cut that to "good customer" support