Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2006, 06:12 AM   #16
atreis
atreis began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Yep, zip lock bag does work... Just need them to make them with glare-free finishes on the bag surface.
atreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Yep, a page turn where the joystick is (or that use of the joystick or ring) would be nice. I'd like bigger buttons on the left also. And an option to flip the page would be great.
Here's an idea for Sony: In a future software upgrade, allow us to change the layout of the keys.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:31 PM   #18
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
Here's an idea for Sony: In a future software upgrade, allow us to change the layout of the keys.
You can do that already (with some cramfs twiddling/reflashing). Check /opt/sony/ebook/application/resources/applicationStart.xml, <parts> section.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:20 PM   #19
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
You can do that already (with some cramfs twiddling/reflashing). Check /opt/sony/ebook/application/resources/applicationStart.xml, <parts> section.
Ahhh Thanks for the info, igorsk. I haven't started with any Reader "hacking" yet (my Reader is less than a week old), but I am planning on doing so in the next few days!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 PM   #20
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
For me the button layout is great and my fingers fall naturally on them. After several years with the Sprint Samsung SPH-i500 (Palm OS) with its 13 line by 36 character (very few pixels per letter) screen, the reading is very pleasurable.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #21
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Am I the only person who doesn't want the joystick to be able to go forward page/back page? I'd much prefer the button number "0" to be page forward. That said, the buttons should ALL be customizable, so Sony can please everyone.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #22
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
It's supposed to be a nice 54 degrees this evening in Phoenix, I may have to test the ziploc bag in the jacuzzi tonight

I used the ziploc bag trick the other day when I was highlighting my hair -- worked great!
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #23
ktb1381
Enthusiast
ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle
igorsk said:
"You can do that already (with some cramfs twiddling/reflashing). Check /opt/sony/ebook/application/resources/applicationStart.xml, <parts> section."

I can't find this on my computer. Is it on the computer, or on the device?
ktb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:09 AM   #24
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
On the device.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:15 AM   #25
ktb1381
Enthusiast
ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Sorry to be so dense Igorsk, but how does one get the xml to one's computer so it can be edited?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #26
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think the details are in this thread, ktb1381.

It's kinda long, but the discussion itself is informative.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #27
ktb1381
Enthusiast

Thanks!