Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 07:03 AM   #1
romanas
Enthusiast
romanas began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad ebook edition, DR1000s
FBreader and mobi pictures

hello,
Im using FBreader standalone to erad mobi files because native mobireader on iliad dont support hyperlinks as i understand. So there is one problem: Im reading medical books with illustrations, and on FBreader all pictures are mixed. That means i see another picture over picture description. I see that all pictures are moved by 1 picture back comparing with descriptions. On native mobireader its ok, on PC mobireader its ok too.
So where is the problem ???? and how i can remove it????

Thaks
romanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanas View Post
... native mobireader on iliad dont support hyperlinks...
Thaks
If you only need in-book hyperlink, the mobipocket reader on iLiad is apable of doing the job. As to out-book hyperlink, I am not sure, but I think it should be working, because we can call dictionary from mobi book.

But mobipocket reader on iLiad seems can't display picture. Maybe this is why hyperlink on picture are not working. Well, I am not sure. Just guess.

Last edited by ericshliao; 11-02-2008 at 11:14 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
This seems to be a bug in FBReader 0.8.04. I confirmed the problem by looking at Potter, Beatrix: The Tale of Samuel Whiskers. v1, 16 May 2008, which has the wrong image issue you describe.

One work around would be to convert the MOBI file to HTML+Images. Either MobiPerl or Calibre can do this. I use mobi2oeb from Calibre. The OEB ebook that Calibre produces is not FBReader friendly (the TOC is lost), so there are two options: a) Zip the entire directory and rename from .zip to .oebzip, or b) delete the .oeb file and then zip the entire directory. Under (a) you have an OEB ebook and under (b) you have a single-file HTML (plus images) in a ZIP file. Either one can be read by FBReader, and I confirmed that the HTML ZIP approach worked for the Potter MOBI. If the document did not start out as a MOBI you have even more options, but the basic point is that the bug is for MOBI only so use a different format.

Note that while you have the "exploded" MOBI you could also optimize the size of images if you want to take the time to do so. I don't know of any automatic tools to do this though.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote