Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #916
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I never thought of you as the "pushy" sort.

I guess I get to play Button, Button, How'd he code those buttons? today.
But I will not get pushy about it (plenty of code to steal to solve that question).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #917
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/pull/740

merge requested.

Thanks
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 02:08 AM   #918
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Thanks, feel free to include KUAL extension in KPV's repo
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #919
jiriv
jiriv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
Here's how to do it:

Would it be possible to just invert this night mode again, so as to get that page black on white again but with maximum contrast?

So instead of pressing x to get to normal view again, we could for example press y and get that particular page black on white again but with maximum contrast.

Then on another page repeat that all over again, press x for night mode then y for inverted maximum contrast black on white.
Thanks a LOT!
My problem was that I haven't pressed the keys Shift+X simultaneously.

It can be good idea to write to the help page which shortcuts should be pressed simultaneously and which sequential.
jiriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #920
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Indeed, all the shortcuts in kpv should be pressed simultaneously. But it's not true for launchpad ;p
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #921
dotokija
dotokija began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3 WiFi
Hi Hawhill,
I have K3 WiFi sw 3.3. I installed Kite fine and then followed your procedure for installation with Kite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post

Basic installation / update (with Kite)
  • make sure Kite is installed. You can find the software and instructions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168270
  • unzip the contents of the installation ZIP file in the root directory of the volume the Kindle presents via USB
  • Kite should now present two new pseudo-documents for starting KPDFviewer
..however it the app showed up only after I restarted device. Maybe you should update your procedure.
dotokija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #922
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotokija View Post
Hi Hawhill,
I have K3 WiFi sw 3.3. I installed Kite fine and then followed your procedure for installation with Kite.

..however it the app showed up only after I restarted device. Maybe you should update your procedure.
OKAY so first off: I have NEVER used kite.

via USB... You put the files on via usb?

Normally a change in state incurs an index update on "removal of usb cable"/"Eject".

I believed that KITE treated these things as "Books" so I would have expected that to work myself.

Might I ask. was kite already installed or did you just install it fresh too?

: ) cheers
Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #923
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Honestly, I have no real idea when kite does generate its "trigger PDFs"... But thanks for the hint. The OP needs an overhaul anyway, now that there's one KUAL to rule them all...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #924
dave2008
Addict

I would also recommend KUAL over kite ;p
see: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #925
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The Touch has an extra 8 bytes of padding after each line, and the Touch framebuffer contains more than twice as many "virtual" lines as screen lines.

These changes will affect existing kindle hacks.

More info here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=161419

right....

Total lateral.. But I am guessing this is why I failed on the 8 bit dithering.

Might revisit this at some point then. Or put a price on its head for completion.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #926
dotokija
dotokija began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
OKAY so first off: I have NEVER used kite.

via USB... You put the files on via usb?

Normally a change in state incurs an index update on "removal of usb cable"/"Eject".

I believed that KITE treated these things as "Books" so I would have expected that to work myself.

Might I ask. was kite already installed or did you just install it fresh too?

: ) cheers
Regarding Kite installation, I installed Kite first, restarted Kindle, installed screensavers script (it worked), then installed PDF viewer (via USB), unplugged, plugged in again, nothing happened with PDF. All files were there in correct dirs, but only kpdf.ini in the launchpad dir, not shell script kpdf.sh, so I copied it in the /launchpad unplugged/plugged, still nothing.
So, I restarted Kindle and after that "KPDFviewer File Manager.pdf" and "KPDFviewer (last file)" showed up in documents.
That's why I suggested to update procedure for Kite. I am not sure if the step:
copy "kpdf.sh" from /kindlepdfviewer to /launchpad is neccessary, but restart is definitely needed.
dotokija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #927
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, I own a KPW 5.3.1 and installed the Kpv using Kpvbooklet 0.4.2a.
It does not work perfectly. The program is slow and the menus do not always work. Major problems with landscape mode (menu "sreenmode" does not work, the menu "screen rotate" does not work, only works "Vertical text" but not perfectly). The text of the pdf sometimes fade.
Hypertext epub files do not work.
In the folder I also found Kite and Launchpad but I have not copied to the Kindle, I had to install them?
Thank you.
P.S.: use google translator, sorry.
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #928
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I don't think this is the place to discuss issues with non-released versions yet. You should also specify which version of KPV you are using (git revision). And bugs should probably not be discussed here but rather in the bug tracker. Please mind that we don't have a release for the new-ui version yet! This thread is more focused on the K2/KDX/K3 version - see the OP.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #929
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
I don't think this is the place to discuss issues with non-released versions yet. You should also specify which version of KPV you are using (git revision). And bugs should probably not be discussed here but rather in the bug tracker. Please mind that we don't have a release for the new-ui version yet! This thread is more focused on the K2/KDX/K3 version - see the OP.
Sorry, thanks for the information.
However, version of Kpv is: kindlepdfviewer-v2012.04.2-635-g5f002a7
from https://github.com/chrox/KPVBooklet/downloads
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #930
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
Hi, I own a KPW 5.3.1 and installed the Kpv using Kpvbooklet 0.4.2a.
It does not work perfectly. The program is slow and the menus do not always work. Major problems with landscape mode (menu "sreenmode" does not work, the menu "screen rotate" does not work, only works "Vertical text" but not perfectly). The text of the pdf sometimes fade.
Hypertext epub files do not work.
In the folder I also found Kite and Launchpad but I have not copied to the Kindle, I had to install them?
Thank you.
P.S.: use google translator, sorry.
Okay so I tested it.

This is INTERIM code. not complete by any means.

The GIT says things like "... The menu's such a they are ..." which should give you a sense of just how finished this is. not very.

Just to satisfy my curiosity I built the TS version and tried launching it with KUAL.

I noted a couple of the things you did. landscape issues for example. Best noted on the GIT. or fixed up and issued as a PULL to chrox.

you also mentioned some "intermittent issues" like "fading text" - I noted this once or twice but didn't get a solid read on what was going on yet. no use-case repeatable fails just yet.

Either way. Miraculous it works at all.

I will update the KUAL extension with an interim TOUCH build that we can support until chrox (and/or others) get a full-on solid version flying this is what you get.

I was ecstatic just to see it on the screen myself

will update the Extension to be more general and push the PULL request for the kindlepdfviewer KUAL extension to be in the main application as this extension no longer requires on exporting the shell script and calls it directly.

Fun. yeah few bugs but meh. nice one.

EDIT: And I agree with Hawhill, GIT would be the place to report tested fail-cases.
: )

Last edited by twobob; 02-17-2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: I agree