Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
JerryinOCMD
Enthusiast
JerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
Spoiled By The Kindle...

I've only been reading books on my Kindle for a few months, but I've been using it exclusively, and have never read so much in my life. I've always liked paper books, but this week a friend loaned my a paperback copy of "Water For Elephants", and I'm having the hardest time fumbling around with it. Books just seem awkward and cumbersome now. Just wanted to say how much I love it!
JerryinOCMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
LOL Glad that you are enjoying your Kindle.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
mountain_lion
Addict
mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: fbreader, Kindle
I have the Kindle app in my tablet and love it... on the other side I have to say "Water for Elephants" is one of my favorites, makes you think a lot about life. I think I don't mind reading it in paperback but... I have my copy in my Kindle.
mountain_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:41 AM   #4
Dava
Enthusiast
Dava began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy I5700 Spica, Kindle 3
Glad you enjoy your kindles!
I never liked paperbacks, I think 90-95% of all books I've read the last 10 years have been on a electronic device.
Dava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Yep a nasty trick Amazon built into the K3 ... Making them totally indespensable ... We all got sucked in by it LOL,

Hope you continue to love it for a very long time to come !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
purple rose
purple rose began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryinOCMD View Post
I've only been reading books on my Kindle for a few months, but I've been using it exclusively, and have never read so much in my life. I've always liked paper books, but this week a friend loaned my a paperback copy of "Water For Elephants", and I'm having the hardest time fumbling around with it. Books just seem awkward and cumbersome now. Just wanted to say how much I love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain_lion View Post
I have the Kindle app in my tablet and love it... on the other side I have to say "Water for Elephants" is one of my favorites, makes you think a lot about life. I think I don't mind reading it in paperback but... I have my copy in my Kindle.
Mountain_lion, I'll be reading Water for Elephants as one of my book group books. It's good to hear it's a good book.

JerryinOCMD. I've yet to buy my ereader. I've got my copy in paperback. It's good though to hear that the Kindle has become a more preferable way for you to read. I'm primarily looking at an e-reader for when I am travelling; I'm tired of carrying books which are heavy.
purple rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:06 AM   #7
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I know exactly what you mean, JerryinOCMD. Nowadays, when I read a paper book, I constantly try to reach for the keyboard so that I can do a search, or attempt to use the 5-way for a dictionary lookup.

On the other hand, there are still too many excellent paper-only books on the world to make me want to use my Kindle exclusively.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I to understand what you are talking about, unfortunately one of the book publishers that I deal with regularly, Harlequin/Gold Eagle publishers of the Exectioner, Super Bolan, Stony Man, Outlands and Deathlands series, have not as yet gotten with the new technology that is electronic books so unfortunately only 50% of the books that I enjoy on a weekly basis are in electronic format.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #9
MichelRenaud
Connoisseur
MichelRenaud began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
I got mine about three months ago and I have a bunch of magazines (from subscriptions) that are just piling up, unread.
MichelRenaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
If you want to continue buying real books you need to alternate your reading — real book, ebook, real book, ebook.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
NoWorthWhile
Connoisseur
NoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheese

I have Kindle-itis, I need help, Doctor
NoWorthWhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #12
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Glad you're loving your kindle! It's just about my favorite thing in the world now.

"Water For Elephants" is a really fantastic book. I ripped through it in about 3 days - just couldn't put it down.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #13
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
hmmm...i may have to try water for elephants, then, if everyone says it's good also, apparently it's going to be made into a movie this year
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #14
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Hmm, Kindle-itis must be a decendent of Atari wrist from many years ago. Attached is a photo of an old Atari 2600, if you look at the controller in the photo its rather different from those of today. The square shape of the controller contributed to a panful inflamations in the wrist that was often called Atari wrist.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	atari_26001-299x300.png
Views:	231
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	67666  
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #15
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I know exactly what you mean, JerryinOCMD. Nowadays, when I read a paper book, I constantly try to reach for the keyboard so that I can do a search, or attempt to use the 5-way for a dictionary lookup.
I thought I was the only one who did that.
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote