Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernep View Post
Thanks, graycyn. That was very helpful. Perhaps I should try it.
If you don't mind shipping, Amazon's return policy is good, so you could buy one, try it and if it didn't work for your purpose well, return it. Or keep an eye out on eBay for good deals. That's what I did. I was willing to try something at a cost of $50, where at a cost of closer to $100 new, I was much more reluctant!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #17
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
I think Office Depot is going to have it on sale for $79.99 on Black Friday.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #18
VupointMagicWand
VupointMagicWand began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi All.

If you have any further questions, concerns or problems with your Vupoint Magic Wand, let me know. You can contact me here or on Facebook. I will answer any of your questions about the scanner.
VupointMagicWand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #19
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VupointMagicWand View Post
Hi All.

If you have any further questions, concerns or problems with your Vupoint Magic Wand, let me know. You can contact me here or on Facebook. I will answer any of your questions about the scanner.
Hi, I have been interested in the Vupoint Magic Wand. If I am remembering correctly, I think I read that it comes with a copy of ABBYY Fine Reader which can be used to OCR the scans. Is this true?

Also, I have read that the latest version of ABBYY Fine Reader is much better at character recognition than previous versions which produced a lot of errors. Does the Magic Wand come with the latest version of this software?

Thanks!
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #20
VupointMagicWand
VupointMagicWand began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Hi, I have been interested in the Vupoint Magic Wand. If I am remembering correctly, I think I read that it comes with a copy of ABBYY Fine Reader which can be used to OCR the scans. Is this true?

Also, I have read that the latest version of ABBYY Fine Reader is much better at character recognition than previous versions which produced a lot of errors. Does the Magic Wand come with the latest version of this software?

Thanks!
Hi. The new Magic Wand II (ST441-VP) comes with the latest version of ABBYY Screenshot Reader. Although not as robust as Fine Reader, I haven't personally heard any complaints about it. I've used it personally and it does a good job.
VupointMagicWand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #21
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I agree that ABBYY Screenshot Reader does a great job!

However, I would highly suggest that anyone interested in using the Magic Wand for book scanning move up at least to ABBYY Finereader Express, or ABBYY Finereader Pro if you can for the convenience factor, ideally finding a good sale on the latter.

I did OCR a children's book or two with ABBYY Screenshot Reader, but it really goes rather slowly since you have to pull up your image on the screen, make the selection of the area you want to OCR, click to OCR, save the file, lather, rinse, repeat.

At any rate, my Magic Wand is clicking along great over a year after I purchased it!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote