Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
bilgisiz
bilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle 3.0.2 529960105
How to convert a poem book pdf to mobi

When i try to convert a poem book pdf, all the strings are mixing together. I tried with AVS Document Converter, Mobipocket and calibre... They're all same... What should i do?

Last edited by bilgisiz; 02-01-2013 at 03:05 AM.
bilgisiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
I feel your pain. PDF is probably the worst format to try to convert to something else.

Sometimes the only thing you can do is, by hook or crook, convert each page of the PDF to a graphic image (say, tiff) and feed that to a good OCR program to convert it back to text.

Not a pretty solution.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgisiz View Post
When i try to convert a poem book pdf, all the strings are mixing together. I tried with AVS Document Converter, Mobipocket and calibre... They're all same... What should i do?
When you convert from PDF to anything else, what you HAVE to do is A/B compare (comparing the PDF to the converted output) everything and fix all the errors to which there could be many.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote