Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
dewmap
dewmap began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Audio control from within book

Hi

Is there anyway that audio files can be controlled while reading a book? I want to use the reader for language learning from text and audio files but need to be able to rewind, fast forward and pause the audio without leaving the book all the time.

Thanks
dewmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:34 AM   #2
mkaluza
mkaluza began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
if the reader provides such possibility, then yes (I don't know, haven't used mp3 player yet...). It would just require remapping (temporary would be best) of some keys.
mkaluza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
jellyedwards
jellyedwards began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hey,

This might be a wee bit late (by several years) but I needed something similar myself. I didn't get fast-forward and rewind going but I have play/pause/next/previous and display the track and time on the reader page. All I did was add:

<function id="doRight">this.bubble("doResume");</function>
<function id="doLeft">this.bubble("doSuspend");</function>
<function id="doDown">this.bubble("doGotoNextSong");</function>
<function id="doUp">this.bubble("doGotoPreviousSong");</function>

In the code block under here:
<kbookPage id="PAGE" left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="30" href="x-id://bookData">
<code>
<!-- put new functions here! -->

And added:
<kbookLabel left="140" height="30" width="140" bottom="0" align="left" variable="SONG" />
<kbookLabel left="380" height="30" width="100" bottom="0" align="right" variable="SONG_TIME" />

just before </group> for PAGE_GROUP, then flashed as normal (see other forum posts).

I have to initiate the first song in the normal way then in the reader page I have control using the up/down/left/right keys (so history is gone - never used it myself).

Hope this helps & thanks to the guys that made the Universal Flasher!
John
jellyedwards is offline   Reply With Quote