Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 11-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #931
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Have you tried the email address in the Gutenberg file?

These are missing that particular volume:
http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011261032
http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011261033

This is not available:
http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/100327200

This one at least looks like the same text:
http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?i...39015014614948

This has probably the same content too:
http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?i...33433107655205

Probably nothing you didn't know already.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #932
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Thank you very much, Jellby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Have you tried the email address in the Gutenberg file?
Not yet, I will try that if everything else fails.

Quote:
Indeed. The second link would have been right (only the 1908 collection has the Reviews volume), but unfortunately it’s one of the misnumbered lists.

Quote:
This is from the Second Collected Edition which only gives excerpts from the Reviews volume.

Quote:
Probably nothing you didn't know already.
Almost. Because this

Quote:
This one at least looks like the same text:
http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?i...39015014614948
could be it! I was worried about variants in the American collection, but I found out that the “Authorised Edition” used stereotyped plates of the Methuen edition. I’m still not sure, though: according to Mason, it should say “Reviews | By Oscar Wilde | [Volume I or II] | Authorised Edition | John W. Luce & Co. | Boston” on the title page and this one is a one-volume book by “The Wyman-Fogg Company | Boston Massachussetts”, which isn’t mentioned in Mason. But then, everything else (including the pagination) is identical, so it’s probably the right one.

Thanks again!
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #933
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
I did some more research and I’m quite sure now that the Wyman-Fogg text is identical to the Methuen edition: I have compared The Happy Prince, and Other Stories, and not only do the pages look the same, but the misprints are identical, too.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:45 AM   #934
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sounds interesting. I must admit that he's an author I hadn't previously heard of.
Thorne Smith wrote the two Topper novels on which the movies (starring Roland Young as Topper) were based. There was also a TV show based on the character I believe.
crich70 is online now   Reply With Quote