Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
pumpkincat
User
pumpkincat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox iPad iPhone
I need a new author

I've finished all the Jack Reacher books as well as the Harry Bosch series. I really enjoyed the Millennium Trilogy and started reading a number of Scandinavian police procedurals. Kjell Eriksson's books were pretty good too. One of the best series I have ever read was the Martin Beck series by the team of Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo. I just started Iris Johansen's 'Close Your Eyes'.
Any suggestions on another series?
pumpkincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat View Post
I read all the Reacher books as well. Here are a few series I've lined up for future reading (already read all the Crais novels)...

Robert Crais (Elvis Cole & Joe Pike Series)
Barry Eisler (John Rain series)
Harlan Coben (Myron Bolitar series)
Randy Wayne White (Doc Ford series)
Vince Flynn (Mitch Rapp series)
Daniel Silva (Gabriel Allon series)
Brad Thor (Scott Harvath series)
John Sanford (Lucas Davenport series)

Quite a few more, but can't think of them at the moment.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also thinking about Jeffrey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series. After I read the first one, I'll probably know if I want to continue through the 8 books that follow.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
pumpkincat
User

thanks

This is really helpful, thanks
Old 02-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Here's a bunch that I posted in the series' thread:

The Ripley series by Patricia Highsmith
The Harry Hole series by Jo Nesbo
The Jack Caffery series by Mo Hayder
The Jackson Brodie series by Kate Atkinson
The Reykjavik Murder Mysteries by Arnaldur Indridason
The Roland March Mysteries by J. Mark Bertrand
The Simon Ziele series by Stefanie Pintoff
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Have you read Åsa Larsson? Her series about Rebecka Martinsson is pretty good.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
DianNC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Also thinking about Jeffrey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series. After I read the first one, I'll probably know if I want to continue through the 8 books that follow.
It's Jeffery Deaver (not Jeffrey). Kind of helps to have the correct spelling when trying to look things up.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #8
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Dumas and his Musketeer series should keep you busy for a good while.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #9
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
Have you tried Henning Mankell's Kurt Wallander series? I really enjoyed them.
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
pumpkincat
User

Thanks shootingMaNs. Yes I enjoyed them too - but they do get depressing!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #11
pumpkincat
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
Have you read Åsa Larsson? Her series about Rebecka Martinsson is pretty good.
Thanks tila. I've read every Asa Larsson book I could find, and they are enjoyable
Old 02-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #12
pumpkincat
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Here's a bunch that I posted in the series' thread:

The Ripley series by Patricia Highsmith
The Harry Hole series by Jo Nesbo
The Jack Caffery series by Mo Hayder
The Jackson Brodie series by Kate Atkinson
The Reykjavik Murder Mysteries by Arnaldur Indridason
The Roland March Mysteries by J. Mark Bertrand
The Simon Ziele series by Stefanie Pintoff
thanks, I'll try some of those
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
If you like historical fiction try Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe series. Or any of the other historical fiction series by Cornwell.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #14
ametzler
Zealot
ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat View Post
I've finished all the Jack Reacher books as well as the Harry Bosch series. I really enjoyed the Millennium Trilogy and started reading a number of Scandinavian police procedurals. Kjell Eriksson's books were pretty good too. One of the best series I have ever read was the Martin Beck series by the team of Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo. I just started Iris Johansen's 'Close Your Eyes'.
James H. McClure's Kramer and Zondi series.
ametzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Karen Fossum's Inspector Sejer books - Norwegian police procedurals
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote