Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Malchik
Malchik began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-600
Ebooks [Kindle Edition]

A very simple question...

Does the sony touch edition PRS 600 can read the ebooks [Kindle Edition]??

There is some ebooks i would like to buy on amazon buy the only version that we can buy is the Kindle Edition.

Thanks
Malchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Sorry Malchik, only a Kindle can read Kindle edition books...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
By default Amazon books can only be read on the Kindle family.
Checking the forum you may find some threads which include hints how to remove DRM from the Kindle books (or google for Kindle4PC DRM remove). There's even all zip-File available which include DRM removal tools for different book formats and a GUI. The result can be imported and read on your Sony reader.

Last edited by SkyDream; 09-19-2010 at 04:06 PM.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Yeah, once the DRM is stripped you can use Calibre to convert it to epub or LRF for the Sony reader.

By the way Malchik, are you Russian? I'm studying the Russian language and I know in Russian "malchik" means "boy."

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Checkout this thread
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Sorry Malchik, only a Kindle can read Kindle edition books...
unless they're "de-kindled"........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #7
parafluie
Enthusiast
parafluie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3,
Hmmm. Kindling?

Anyway, Malchik, you can easily download the Kindle for PC from the Amazon site, then buy your books, download them to PC (smart to do anyway) and read the books on your PC. And/or you can download them to your iPhone if you have one, or, if you have an iPad, you can download to that.

But it will take, I gather, other procedures to read Kindle books on your Sony eReader.

Last edited by parafluie; 09-19-2010 at 04:41 PM.
parafluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #8
Malchik
Malchik began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-600
Well this is kind of sad but with all your answers it s obvious that i have a couple of other options, plus i always can check somewhere else.

No etienne66 i m not russian but just like you i've been studying the Russian language a couple of years ago.
I named one of my ferret Malchik and as i don't have any imagination for usernames when it s time to choose one, i always take one of my pets name lol

Thanks a lot everyone for taking time to answer me
Malchik is offline   Reply With Quote