Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-07-2022, 10:47 AM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Google Play books (Android) no font size option?

I've never run into this issue before and it seems to be affecting only one book - others still have the normal font adjustment menu.

The problem book defaults to a font that's too small. If I tap to bring up the options, the Tone options are as normal (white/sepia/black) but there is no option to set the font size, line spacing, etc. There is only "Zoom" and the options under that are "remember zoom" and "tap to scroll". If I pinch/zoom it gets bigger but not all text is on screen (like zooming a photo).

I wondered if maybe I somehow got a PDF on my phone instead of an epub but I didn't see any way to select a format. Removing the download and reinstalling didn't change anything.

The epub copy that I downloaded on my PC and transferred to my Kobo Clara works normally, but I occasionally want to be able to read for a few minutes on my phone.

I suppose I can try contacting Google but I figured I'd ask here first in case anyone else has had this issue and knows what's wrong.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote