Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Link to the new book uploads for Sony Readers

Originally when this 700 forum was added, there was talk about merging it with the 500/505 forum into a single Sony forum. I was just wondering if that will happen, or is the 700 significantly different enough from the 500/505 that this separate forum will remain?

I don't care either way -- I can see the benefits of both sides, either rolling it into a single Sony Readers forum or keeping it separate.

Until both Sony forums are rolled into one, or if this will remain separate, could there please be added a link at the top of this forum to the most recent uploads for Sony Readers, like there is in the top list of subforums of the 500/505 forum?
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
As of right now, the 500, 505, & 700 all display the same LRF format eBooks.

And the 505 and 700 will display ePub (if it conforms to mobile ePub standards).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2008, 05:00 AM   #3
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Yes, I know that -- my question is about putting a link on this forum so we who have moved to the 700 exclusively don't have to get to the new book uploads for the Sony Reader by going to the link in the 500/505 forum.

Just a request to make things simpler to those whose contact with Mobileread will be mainly through this 700 forum.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:19 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'll draw this thread to Alex's attention.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
Until both Sony forums are rolled into one, or if this will remain separate, could there please be added a link at the top of this forum to the most recent uploads for Sony Readers, like there is in the top list of subforums of the 500/505 forum?
I concur, this would be a nice option and personally, if we get a vote, I would not like to see both Sony forums rolled into one unless someone gave me a good reason why they should.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
There is a forum restructuring in the works. But it may take a little time coming.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:42 AM   #7
dhbailey
Guru

Thank you for keeping us updated, and for taking my request seriously.