Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Decalgirl has skins for H2O!

Yeeeee

https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/Kobo-Aura-H20-Skins
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Thanks for this! I have been watching their website in anticipation. :-)
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #3
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Yippee! Thanks for posting about it!

Just noticed they are having a 25% off sale until the 12th too!

Last edited by sparklemotion; 11-10-2014 at 10:44 AM.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For those that use the skins, do you get the high gloss or the matte/satin?
Old 11-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
For those that use the skins, do you get the high gloss or the matte/satin?
I have always used the matte/satin. The high gloss are too reflective!

Edit: An added benefit of the matte/satin is the elimination of fingerprints
:thumbup:

Last edited by Skydog; 11-10-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Advert
Old 11-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #6
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks yes, matte only. I definitely need a skin, bezel is easily scratched. And those fingerprints brrrr
Old 11-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #7
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Thanks skydog and chi! Matte does seem like it would be the best choice. I have never used a decal in the past, but the bezel is a fingerprint magnet so I'm going to this time. My head is spinning with all the choices. I'm trying to narrow it down.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #8
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Definitely choose matte. I've had them on my Sony readers in the past (trying to get plain silver to imitate the nice blue) and on a few phones where the cases were fingerprint magnets. The matte finish totally avoids any fingerprint smudging.

At one time DecalGirl used to charge an additional $5 if you selected matte until enough people complained, since it was usually preferred over the shiny. You don't want the glare from a shiny surface while reading. Thankfully they finally eliminated that charge a few years ago.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #9
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
There's currently a 25% off sale.

Quote:
★ VETERANS DAY SALE - SAVE 25% ★

To claim your discount, add items to your cart and enter the code VETERAN25 during checkout. This sale ends Nov 12th 2014 - so get shopping before it's all over!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #10
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Definitely choose matte. I've had them on my Sony readers in the past (trying to get plain silver to imitate the nice blue) and on a few phones where the cases were fingerprint magnets. The matte finish totally avoids any fingerprint smudging.

At one time DecalGirl used to charge an additional $5 if you selected matte until enough people complained, since it was usually preferred over the shiny. You don't want the glare from a shiny surface while reading. Thankfully they finally eliminated that charge a few years ago.
Thanks for your input! I'll definitely be going with matte.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #11
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I have always used the matte/satin.
Me too!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #12
Skydog
Wizard

This time I plan on skinning only the front bezel of the H20. Too bad DG sells only full sets.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:18 AM   #13
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
This time I plan on skinning only the front bezel of the H20. Too bad DG sells only full sets.
I wish for that every time I buy them. I wouldn't even mind if I could pay the same price and get two fronts. I get bored after a while and switch and that way I could switch back.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:52 AM   #14
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
I wish for that every time I buy them. I wouldn't even mind if I could pay the same price and get two fronts. I get bored after a while and switch and that way I could switch back.
I'm probably going to buy a black set and put a black bezel on. And a color set the back of which I'll put on top of kobo sleep cover. I did that for PW already and it worked well although for PW I had a color bezel and color cover. Like that I used and could see both. Absolutely no problem to take it off the cover and it sticks very well.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:55 AM   #15
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

This is what I mean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20141111_102514.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	482.9 KB
ID:	130908