Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
home button?

My home button appears not to be mapped (or something). nothing happens when I press it. Is anyone else experiencing this?

My bad. I had played with my Vox trying to do the whole Android Market thing and sorta borked it. A reset took care of the problem.

Last edited by taming; 11-01-2011 at 10:08 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Did you reset to factory or power cycle?
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Did you reset to factory or power cycle?
I reset to factory.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 AM   #4
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
Tonite my touchscreen went completely dead. It does not respond to any touches/swipes whatever.

I can get it to shut off by holding the power button for 10 seconds.
When I restart it, once it gets to the lock screen, I am stuck.

Once, as it sat next to me, I heard it click(I have keypress sounds on) and I was able to get to the home screen but no response after that.

It powers up and shuts down and the hardware volume buttons also work but no touchscreen.

I am currently charging it to see if that will help at all. I guess it is back to Future Shop tomorrow for a replacement.

Charging did not help so I bit the bullet and tried pressing and holding the UP VOLUME and then pressing the POWER switch(is this in the manual, I just guessed).
This activated a reset. Once it had finished its thing, the Vox touchscreen was working again! (Is this good or bad?)

Now I get to reload and reconfigure everything!!! Yeh!

Larry

Last edited by larrymohr; 11-02-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: status update
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Software issue. Sounds like it wouldn't load the drivers for the touch screen or otherwise couldn't do anything with the launcher if a factory reset fixed it. Can't wait for Kobo to update this.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite

My problem was entirely my fault. I am a really bad hacker, bad as in I do it poorly.