Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
kirschschreib
kirschschreib began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Home button causes crash

Hey,

does anyone experience the same problem with the new 1.9.10 firmware:
When pressing home button while havin opened a book the reader crashes. You see forever that buckled page at the bottom right.
Only a reset with a needle in the back helps.

I guess it only occurs with certain books. PRC for example.

Any solutions?
Thanks

Last edited by kirschschreib; 09-04-2011 at 08:43 AM.
kirschschreib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
When experimenting with a MOBI book I had a situation where my Touch froze and I had to use a paper clip reset to revive it. Other forum members have also reported problems with the MOBI (PRC) file format. The recommendation is to convert your MOBI books to EPUB format using Calibre.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
EverC
EverC began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3, Kobo Touch (returned)
I tried putting a MOBI book on my KT yesterday. First Calibre crashed after it asked me if I want to convert the books. Then when I tried to move the MOBI file onto the KT via Windows Explorer it gave me an error.
For some reason the file ended up on the KT and my KT crashed on me when I tried to open it and I had to manually reset it, because the device was unresponsive.
KT is definitely not compatible with MOBI files!
EverC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:02 AM   #4
kirschschreib
kirschschreib began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
The support team doesn't seem very interested in that issue. After 5 days, the request isn't even assigned to a help desk operator.

I'm getting more and more disappointed by kobo.

And why support MOBI at all, then the device can't handle it. The firmware doesn't seem to be more than a test version.
kirschschreib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Calibre currently does not work with 1.9.10 firmware as the database changed to fix the storage error. So maybe your errors are caused by using Calibre to send your eBook to your Kobo. I suggest using the latest Kobo Desktop for moving eBooks to the Kobo Touch.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert