Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
Dave-UK
Dave-UK began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903
Oxford Dictionary trial limit expired.

My English Oxford Dictionary has stopped working.
I get this message:

"Dear User:
The term of trial usage of dictionary with extended set has expired. You can purchase additional dictionaries using link:

http:/bookland.net.ua/abbyy/paid_dictionaries "

This takes me to a Russian website with no provision to switch to English so it is totally useless to me.

There was no mention of the 903 having trial software when I bought it.
Does anyone know where I can get the Oxford English Dictionary ?
(Preferably without paying any more money.)
Dave-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-UK View Post
There was no mention of the 903 having trial software when I bought it.

That's absolutely correct, it was never stated that these dictionaries would be trial software.

Do you still have the update file of version 2.04? If I understood it right, people downgrading from 2.05 to 2.04 could use their dictionaries again without any restrictions.

Reading of skydive's problems in this thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128588

it seems that one will lose the dictionaries after upgrading to 2.06 for good. It's a shame!

Last edited by Billi; 04-08-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2011, 06:05 AM   #3
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
My English Oxford Dictionary has stopped working.
Hi Dave,

this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118814

- contains links to a version of the Oxford (not the Greater, I feel), and some other dictionaries that I got hold of - Partridge Slang, M-W Collegiate, Webster's Unabridged, and a few others, zipped into one file. The file resides in my webhost account, so feel free to download and unzip (the file).

Any problems, get back to me.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Dave-UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mick View Post
Hi Dave,

this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118814

- contains links to a version of the Oxford (not the Greater, I feel), and some other dictionaries that I got hold of - Partridge Slang, M-W Collegiate, Webster's Unabridged, and a few others, zipped into one file. The file resides in my webhost account, so feel free to download and unzip (the file).

Any problems, get back to me.

Cheers,
Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
Dave-UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
That's absolutely correct, it was never stated that these dictionaries would be trial software.

Do you still have the update file of version 2.04? If I understood it right, people downgrading from 2.05 to 2.04 could use their dictionaries again without any restrictions.

it seems that one will lose the dictionaries after upgrading to 2.06 for good. It's a shame!
No I don't have the 2.04 file. I've emailed PB support but I don't suppose I'll
get any response.
I'll downloaded Metal Mick's zipped dictionaries and try those.
Advert
Old 04-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
No I don't have the 2.04 file. I've emailed PB support but I don't suppose I'll
get any response.
Hi Dave, the 2.0.4 is here - link to previous versions (though just a scatter for 2.0.3) are in the top message in this thread.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:58 AM   #7
Dave-UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Hi Dave, the 2.0.4 is here - link to previous versions (though just a scatter for 2.0.3) are in the top message in this thread.
Thanks Paola,

Unfortunately downgrading from 2.05 to 2.04 does not re-install the Oxford Dictionary. When you select the dictionary an error message appears saying the licence file is missing.

Oh well, at least Metal Mick's dictionaries work ok.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
sergio13
Connoisseur
sergio13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post

I'm agree with you it's a SHAME !!
I lost it ! and the russian/french

Last edited by sergio13; 04-10-2011 at 12:01 PM.
sergio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #9
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
<snip>

Oh well, at least Metal Mick's dictionaries work ok.
Hi Dave, et al,

just to clarify, the dictionaries are ones I downloaded from a PB website (slow, and unreliable), unzipped, and then re-zipped into English and broadly speaking, Russian.

I put the English collection up on my webhost, so everyone could access them. If there is demand, then the Russian ones can go up too.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote