Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #31
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yeah, but we're working on making it more accessible.

And if folks around here know it's there somewhere, then when new folks come asking, we'll know where to point them.

It's slightly better than straight tribal knowledge, anyway.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #32
ns66
Connoisseur
ns66 doesn't litterns66 doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
ok after i read through this thread, i am still not sure about what to do with my 2 readers coming (i don't have itunes so this is new to me). question: say each reader has 100 credits, can i somehow combine them so i can buy 200 credits worth of books, and all the books readable by both readers?

originally i thought one reader's book can't be read by the other, but reading this thread there's like 6 devices can read the same books?

confused
ns66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2007, 12:19 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm going to try taking my Wife's reader and authorizing it on my computer and having her log into her account and redownload one of her books. Then if it works, we are all set.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:47 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
ok after i read through this thread, i am still not sure about what to do with my 2 readers coming (i don't have itunes so this is new to me). question: say each reader has 100 credits, can i somehow combine them so i can buy 200 credits worth of books, and all the books readable by both readers?
Yes. Simply register both Readers on the same Connect account. You'll get the combined credit in the account, and any books you buy from the Connect Store will be readable on both Readers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #35
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
That's exactly what I want to do, if I understand you correctly

I now have two Readers and one computer. The second Reader has yet to be activated.

All I want is for both Readers to share the same computer and the same account, login, password, etc., you name it.

Then, once that second Reader is activated, I want my $50 + $100 for Classics to be available --- on BOTH Readers.

Is that your understanding of how it will work, Harrry?

Thanks,
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes. Simply register both Readers on the same Connect account. You'll get the combined credit in the account, and any books you buy from the Connect Store will be readable on both Readers.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, exactly. Simply register the second Reader to the account which was created for the first. The 2nd Reader's credit will automatically be added to the account.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #37
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It's been confirmed by several separate folks that it'll work the way HarryT's describing, after you get it going, you can add to the confirmation list, Dr. Drib.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
The credits are tied to the initial registration of a given Reader -- it does not matter if there are already other Readers on the account. We have a number of folks who have done exactly this, and gotten one credit per Reader on a single account.

If you're talking about getting your wife's books onto your account, it can be done. There were a couple of people back in the late fall, I believe, where they succeeded in getting the ConnStore help folks to combine two accounts, but it required the deletion of one of the two accounts. You can ask them, I think they'll probably do it for you, but you won't know for sure 'till you ask.
I called Connect today and what the person said she would do is find out if she can delete my wife's account and credit her back the money for her books so we can then activate her reader on my account. Then we should be able to log into my account from her computer as well as mine. Then if she wants, she can repurchase her books and then she can use up my remaining $40 credit. We should know sometime early this week.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:57 PM   #39
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
of deregistering a Reader from a Computer regarding the books that are still ON that computer where the unit has been deregistered.

For example, I have ALL my Books on my computer (and I realized they are also on my account on the Connect site.)

Here's my question: When a unit is deregistered from a computer with books on the computer, can those books be loaded onto the deregistered Reader?

My thinking is -- probably not. However, as mentioned above, the titles are still available to one on the Connect site.

Is that anyone else's thinking?

Thanks,
Don
I have never registered with Connect, but I use the Connect application on several XP PCs. I keep different content on different machines. IO have never had a problem putting any pf my content on my Reader.
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:21 AM   #40
Xsavior
Coveter of eInk
Xsavior began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 700p, Sony Reader
I've successfully activated and received credit for both my reader and my girlfriend's reader on my single account. I love it when things work the way they are supposed to
Xsavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #41
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
CONFIRMED (Success is 100%)

CONFIRMED: Two Readers can indeed share the same account. The only thing I had to do was to confirm and update.

CONFIRMED: Book Specials relating to the purchase of a 2nd Reader work seamlessly - a vast improvement over the first Reader's credit back in Dec. 06.

CONFIRMED: Books "purchased" [the free + classics] for the 2nd Reader will indeed load onto the 1st Reader with no problem. You can now read the same book on the same reader. (BATHROOM freakaholics take note!)

CONFIRMED: The 1st Reader's screen IS somewhat darker than the newer, 2nd Reader. No conclusions at this stage.

CONFIRMED: You're getting irritated with the word 'CONFIRMED' in all caps and Boldface.

tu comprendes?

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-29-2007 at 06:23 AM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

My Wife's account was deleted and her computer unauthorized. Now we have two readers on my account and she can access my account from her computer. So anything we purchase with the remaining $40 credit can be read by both of us if we so want. Because she purchased a book bundle, they credited her CC with the purchase price of the books so she can repurchase them again under my account. Since she's already read them, it's like getting a free read.