Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #16
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
I wonder how long before the cost trickles down to retailers. I was confused about this price drop at first since it was already available online at 299$.
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #17
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the early adopter members of Mobile Read.
Were it not for you, very few devices would survive long enough to trickle down to the rest of us. Yeah, that guy with the pastel suit and a telephone in a bag looked goofy, but now we have Razr's & Krazr's & Blackberries (oh my!)

When the Reader was first released, a number of people commented on other tech review sites "Oh, this is only for early adopters." As if to dismiss the device, as if to invalidate the desires of people interested in creating or using technology. Makes me wonder if that person goes with a cell phone, cruise control in his car, and isn't into those new fangled "immunisation thingies".

Sorry thanks again for having the resources and gumption to keep a really neat product line going.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2007, 02:22 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the early adopter members of Mobile Read.
Were it not for you, very few devices would survive long enough to trickle down to the rest of us. Yeah, that guy with the pastel suit and a telephone in a bag looked goofy, but now we have Razr's & Krazr's & Blackberries (oh my!)

When the Reader was first released, a number of people commented on other tech review sites "Oh, this is only for early adopters." As if to dismiss the device, as if to invalidate the desires of people interested in creating or using technology. Makes me wonder if that person goes with a cell phone, cruise control in his car, and isn't into those new fangled "immunisation thingies".

Sorry thanks again for having the resources and gumption to keep a really neat product line going.
The Sony Reader is a great device. But that's due in part to the people who have put in the time and effort to create the applications we now use to convert content for it. Without their efforts, I would not have bought one. And to that, I say THANK YOU!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote