Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2007, 08:11 AM   #46
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
[quote=NatCh;80297]I don't have this Computer on my Connect account, but I think it was in the My Account section somewhere. I believe it was just the ConnStore customer service number, so if you've got that, you're good.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:16 AM   #47
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

hhmmmm, I don't know what is going on here but everything I typed didn't show up and what is just above this, doesn't look like it is what I wrote.
Advert
Old 07-13-2007, 08:19 AM   #48
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

my posts are not showing up, only two lines and that is it, what is going on here?

I need connects customer service number, I am not going to type out my full explanation again, it's not showing up.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #49
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings View Post
my posts are not showing up, only two lines and that is it, what is going on here?

I need connects customer service number, I am not going to type out my full explanation again, it's not showing up.
I totally feel your pain, the same thing always happens to me (sucks even worse when I forget to copy/paste before I submit. Arghh! Ah well, I expect it to happen now, so I simply copy, submit, edit, paste, and voila all is as it should be!

This didn't happen before the upgrade and only happens when I try to quote someone.

BTW For the mods in the group, I'm using WinXP SP2 and IE7 with all the latest updates, so nothing freaky here.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #50
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention it...

My new Reader arrived today WooHoo!!!, so now my wife can see what all the excitement is about (though she'll have to do her own shopping, I wouldn't know what to get here based on her current reading selections... not to mention it makes me feel dirty )
Advert
Old 07-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

The customer care number for the Sony Reader is 1-866-962-7669.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:04 AM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemenseken View Post
Hi!

I am experiencing heavy difficulties with TigerDirect.
I hate to say this, but your best chance is to call then on the phone and talk to someone in charge.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #53
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The customer care number for the Sony Reader is 1-866-962-7669.
But the number if you need help with the connect software and too many devices etc is 1-866-919-7669, talking to sonyreader they didn't know squat, this guy had me remove my software, reinstall it and then decided connect was the people I needed to talk to...... well sheesh dude, .....why put me through that in the first place LMAO.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #54
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Tigerdirect just said my Sony REader is ready for shipping and should arrive at the destination in 5-7 days.

Oh my god. It could really work ... thought it could be a fraud all the time ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #55
HeffeD
Enthusiast
HeffeD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.HeffeD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.HeffeD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Z22
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomer View Post
Well, after reading his post he didn't seem to be really needing a second Reader. You're right, but I can't still get over those who ordered two or more just because they were cheap or because they're going to profit from them.
It really doesn't matter why they bought more than one. That's the prerogative of a free society.

You say you "need" one. No, you don't. You "want" one...

Sure, wanting to profit from it is a bit lame, but to get upset at someone buying one or more they don't necessarily "need" is equally lame in my opinion. There is absolutely nothing wrong with purchasing backups if there is a good deal on. And being left out on limited offers is a fact of life. Do you go around trying to guilt someone who got a ticket to something that sold out before you got there? I would hope not!

And no, I didn't buy one. I'm simply amazed that there are people whining about people buying multiples of something... No one has to justify their purchases to anyone.
HeffeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #56
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeD View Post
It really doesn't matter why they bought more than one. That's the prerogative of a free society.

You say you "need" one. No, you don't. You "want" one...

Sure, wanting to profit from it is a bit lame, but to get upset at someone buying one or more they don't necessarily "need" is equally lame in my opinion. There is absolutely nothing wrong with purchasing backups if there is a good deal on. And being left out on limited offers is a fact of life. Do you go around trying to guilt someone who got a ticket to something that sold out before you got there? I would hope not!

And no, I didn't buy one. I'm simply amazed that there are people whining about people buying multiples of something... No one has to justify their purchases to anyone.
Yep, having a backup in case you dropped one or it went haywire and if they are cheap enough, I see nothing wrong with it. Now hording lots of them to go and seel on Ebay I would have a problem with that, again a free society though.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #57
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Quote:
hhmmmm, I don't know what is going on here but everything I typed didn't show up and what is just above this, doesn't look like it is what I wrote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
I totally feel your pain, the same thing always happens to me (sucks even worse when I forget to copy/paste before I submit. Arghh! Ah well, I expect it to happen now, so I simply copy, submit, edit, paste, and voila all is as it should be!

This didn't happen before the upgrade and only happens when I try to quote someone.

BTW For the mods in the group, I'm using WinXP SP2 and IE7 with all the latest updates, so nothing freaky here.
Go to "User CP", "Edit Options" and then near the bottom under "Message Editor Interface" select the "Standard Editor". This one was suggested by Alex and it solved my similar problem.
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #58
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogui View Post
Go to "User CP", "Edit Options" and then near the bottom under "Message Editor Interface" select the "Standard Editor". This one was suggested by Alex and it solved my similar problem.
Thanks for the tip Mogui, I'll give it a try!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #59
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogui View Post
yep, that was my problem too
Old 07-16-2007, 03:25 PM   #60
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
A new development on tigerdirect.

Just talked with an hot line guy. He told me they are waiting for the Sony Reader units .. they should arrive any day soon (they told me the same on Saturday).

Well, very strange. Thought they were on stock ... the thing is if they refuse to deliver them I can´t do a thing
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote