Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Spec is 4 hours from the wall and 6 from the USB (except that it won't charge from the USB unless the ConnSoft is installed, or if the battery is too low).
If you have Libprs500 installed it will also charge fromt he USB port. As long as when you plug it into the USB connection the red light on the left side comes on, it's charging.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #32
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I don't need another CC plus right now really is probably not a good time. DH's company isn't building anymore houses so he may be out of a job in a few months time...

As far as neglecting you guys, My hard drive crashed again...... thank goodness for the usb second drive this time around..... plus just been busy with other things.. I am usually here reading a little bit on and off, but not as much time as I used to.... I haven't had my nose in my reader as much either, and of which is where it really ought to be <G> Turned it on yesterday and it was dead in the water.... so charged it up once again.....

Karen getting to know her wall plug and sony connection, LOL... what is irritating is that connect now has me down for four computers with 2 left..... and all because of these crashes.... I hope I never had to call them and tell them it's all technical problems............ ;(
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #33
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings View Post
... what is irritating is that connect now has me down for four computers with 2 left.....
Call 'em up and tell 'em you had crashes and want to remove the computers from your account. We had the same thing happen in January, and they took the old, dead one off, no fuss, no muss.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #34
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I probably will if/when it happens again cause then I will have one left....... you wouldn't by chance have that number handy would you. When I clicked to look at it then when I had connect loaded up i didn't see it...
Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM   #35
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Alsop what would happen to re-register it, just a different credit card number? I don't see what the big deal is anyways.....maybe I just don't understand.
Advert
Old 07-10-2007, 01:06 PM   #36
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
... you wouldn't by chance have that number handy would you. When I clicked to look at it then when I had connect loaded up i didn't see it...
I don't have this Computer on my Connect account, but I think it was in the My Account section somewhere. I believe it was just the ConnStore customer service number, so if you've got that, you're good.

Quote:
Alsop what would happen to re-register it, just a different credit card number? I don't see what the big deal is anyways.....maybe I just don't understand.
I'm not sure I'm following your there -- do you mean to re-register the Reader? The new PC? I'm lost.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #37
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I just got mine. It's so tiny!

Can you believe that Tigerdirect did not require a signature on a $100 item? WTF?!?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #38
cpgmattr
NooBee
cpgmattr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
New Reader Arrived Yesterday!

All:

Short time reader and first time poster here! I love all the great comments and feedback on this site--completely rocks.

Just wanted to confirm that I received mine yesterday and am about 1/4 through 1984 (been meaning to read that for the longest time). Didn't even install the software yet, just turned it on and read. Very, very cool device--friends at work (software development) are quite impressed by the e-ink display.

What perfect timing, I was just looking into eBook readers, hit up PriceGrabber.com and saw the $99 TigerDirect deal. I couldn't believe it, but there it was.

Thinking about getting in on the $50 deal for the wife with the Sony CC.

Looking forward to talking with y'all soon.

Matt R.
cpgmattr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #39
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I just got mine. It's so tiny!

Can you believe that Tigerdirect did not require a signature on a $100 item? WTF?!?
Hey, I've had UPS and Fed-Ex drop off more expensive items than that on my doorstep, and not even bother to ring the doorbell...

Congrats to everyone who got their Readers. Now, get out there and shill 'em for all you're worth! Git!!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #40
drgnbear
Evil alien overlord.
drgnbear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Got mine yesterday too. After looking at the screen on the new one I discovered much to my dismay that my old reader's screen has grayed out immensely. I called and talked to support and they are going to repair the old one... Kinda weird the new one looks so crisp. I'm not even sure my old one was this clear when I first got it.
drgnbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #41
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
and not even bother to ring the doorbell...
[/i]
Yeah, what's up with that anyway? For years and years they always rang the doorbell before scooting away. Last few months they never do any more.

New policy? Lazy (how much effort does it take)? Too hurried?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #42
NatCh
Gizmologist

Perhaps a turn-over in the training personnel ....
Old 07-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #43
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Hey, I've had UPS and Fed-Ex drop off more expensive items than that on my doorstep, and not even bother to ring the doorbell...

Congrats to everyone who got their Readers. Now, get out there and shill 'em for all you're worth! Git!!
They did it again! This time it was over $500!!

I happened to be there when he delivered. I was planning to not be there and then spend a couple weeks pretending to not have it, just to screw with UPS.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #44
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I order stuff regularly with values from 100 to 1000 for my business; basically furniture hardware. Most deliveries never require signatures.

Take the insurance. Then they'll require a signature.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:01 AM   #45
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Help! Order from TigerDirect STILL on hold ...

Hi!

I am experiencing heavy difficulties with TigerDirect.

ATTENTION: I wrote a NEW POST to this thread. TigerDirect finally found some Sonys for shipment !!!
Can be found here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=87

I am living in Germany and ordered 3 readers (for me, brother, wife) on Juli 4th.
My wire transfer HAS arrived on TigerDirect's account but personnel there say the price per unit is to be $249.99 !!!

Even on their web site "My Account" / "Order History, Invoices..." the per-unit-price is $99.99 (though not at "Track Your Order").
BUT: I received an "Order ... Confirmation" signed by their president, Mr. Fiorentino, Total Order: $404.16".

I may later on start a new thread asking people here to support me "against" TigerDirect (protesting and quoting their own orders, e.g.) - but I am still waiting for an answer to my tenth (or so) email to their Help Center / Sales Agents / etc.

Does anybody have a good idea what else can be done?
(By now I am a little tired of writing emails and emails to them. Last chance I see is to contact Mr. Fiorentino himself ...)

Last edited by Clemenseken; 07-24-2007 at 04:11 AM. Reason: New development in my relation to TigerDirect...
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote