Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-27-2007, 07:49 AM   #1
Ivan
Connoisseur
Ivan began at the beginning.

2.9.5. PRoblem: “Download complete" but not really

I am trying to update my patch v2.9.1 to 2.9.5. I have fully charged my battery and back up files before updating 2.9.5. However, connecting to the server message, a message of “Download complete" is shown in few seconds. I checked and it is till in 2.9.1 version. I tried to restart and repeat the upgrade for 3-4 more times. Same problems to be appeared again.

Please let me know what should I do?

Best, IC with frustration
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Are you connecting through a wireless or a wired connection? If wireless, have you tried wired?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
Ivan
Connoisseur

Thanks, I am only using wired connection!
Old 04-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
It isn't clear from your message. When you say you tried to restart was that just turning on and of, or did you reset?
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #5
Ivan
Connoisseur

Thanks.
Yes, I did reset and have been tried few times.
I am able to connect to the server message apparently but message of “Download complete" was shown in few seconds. Then, it directed to the “Download History” page. A file of manifest.xml with 4.0KB was shown.
Again, I checked and it is till in 2.9.1 version.
Advert
Old 05-02-2007, 04:08 AM   #6
tororebelde
No es el toro que piensas
tororebelde began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
The same happened to me some days ago ... But just once!
After the "Download complete" message, it went to the downloaded history page, then after I checked that I was still on 2.9.1 version, I powered off the iliad, restart it and try again the process. Then all worked like a charm.

If this helps you, I did all the process with a wired connection.
tororebelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
Ivan
Connoisseur

Just a quick follow up on this thread:
irex confirmed that my iliad has to be sent in for repair!

My first thought was "Are you kidding me" I am trying to double check with Irex. My iLiad is only not able to upgrade into 2.9.5. It is working like a charm at the moment using 2.9.1. Not even mention the headache for a normal user to send it back. The scary things is that their statement of “in case of a repair out of guarantee, you will be invoiced for the costs of repair and transport.”

Any of us know what the hXXX's going on?

Best, IC